Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 24, 2014, 06:39:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On the Road Again.....  (Read 2874 times)
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2007, 03:42:56 PM »

Cody, you can actually find Palm trees as far north as Isle of Palms, SC (just south of Charleston) but I don't believe that you'd like the weather there in January and February. So, if Libby wants the swaying Palms and the trade winds you'll just have to extend your plans to the more southern part of FL.

No question that Union City would be a great place to stop off for a bit ...but what would Cliff, Mike and I do if you didn't come the rest of the way and spend some time in our subtropical paradise? I'm confident that we can come up with a location where you can park and enjoy our company....we just need to know some tentative dates...and for how long.

Arcadia would be a great start and there's the possibility that you might spend a few days with Jack &  Paula Conrad after the rally and get some good advice on the rest of your stay. That, of course would be up to them, but trust that all of us in FL would work our hearts out to get you settled.

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
cody

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 04:52:55 PM »

Wow bob, you sure can persuade a person, is it true that in a past life you were a top notch salesman, your even such an awesome salesman that even before I had an opportunity to read your latest post, I had called Jack and just a few minutes ago I put the registration letter for Bussing 2008 in the mail box.  Can you check if Florida has any ordinances that would prevent us from all being in the same spot at the same time? lol cody
captain ron

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2007, 06:57:12 PM »

Cody, Why don't you swing by where I'm at in Deleware and I'll fix you up with a lift for that new chair or for your old one and your self
NCbob

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2007, 12:54:40 AM »

That's great news, Cody. Now what we need to do is to coordinate our arrivals at Arcadia so that we might park close to, if not next to, each other. I'll get into some other topics in a PM.

We are usually among the first to get our application to Jack 'cause this is the biggest and most popular Rally going. Last year with, I believe, 185 buses it was a standout. Most folks are so loyal to this Rally that I doubt the fuel prices will have much effect this year.

See you there, if not before......

Bob

JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2007, 06:10:23 AM »

That's great news, Cody. Now what we need to do is to coordinate our arrivals at Arcadia so that we might park close to, if not next to, each other. I'll get into some other topics in a PM.

We are usually among the first to get our application to Jack 'cause this is the biggest and most popular Rally going. Last year with, I believe, 185 buses it was a standout. Most folks are so loyal to this Rally that I doubt the fuel prices will have much effect this year.

See you there, if not before......

Bob

Bob,
  I had a very nice phone conversation with Cody last evening. They may come to our place a few days before Christmas, along with several other busnuts. All of us will then head up to the Turner Center on 12/25.  We will also all enjoy a "Busnuts Christmas Dinner".  Since you are coming in on 12/26, there is a good chance we can park you & Miss Jackie next to Cody.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
cody

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2007, 06:46:25 AM »

This will be our first rally and we are looking forward to meeting everyone, libby is searching the web for things that might be concidered appropriate for a 'busnuts christmas dinner'.  I'm not sure how to make diesel gravy or wheel bearing stuffing but if there is a way, she'll find it lol. Poor Bob, I think we've kind of hijacked his thread lol.  I got a great email from Bob this morning and talked to Jack last night and got an email from him, I'm sure looking forward to meeting everyone.  cody
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2007, 07:15:40 AM »

Cody, remind us when you get here to fill you in on the truth about those guys.  LOL  Gotta watch Bob around Libby.  He is such a sweetie she will be calling him darlin' just like I do. Another thing, after you meet, BK, Dallas and I, it can only get better from there.

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
cody

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2007, 08:35:07 AM »

Cat, thats one of the things that concerns me, last time I introduced libby to some of my friends at a bluegrass festival, they tryed to send me the bill for their therapy, I'd really hate to go thru that again. lol
NCbob

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2007, 04:48:19 PM »

First, thank you Jack for your consideration for our friends, Cody and Libby. The only reason we're not heading for Arcadia before or on Christmas Day is that we feel that it's a time for family and friends and we'll be OK with our little group in Bushnell. We figured on heading out the day after Christmas though.......

Cat, I resemble that remark, Sweetheart! (blush)

Cody, we'll talk soon and if there's anything we can do to make your visit to Florida, or Arcadia, any better you only have to ask. And no apology necessary because you didn't hijack my thread.

Now, the rest of the story.....

Fred Hobe is still the BusMaster. All of our (current) problems are fixed and tested. I have no idea where he finds the patience to put up with the likes of me but he seems to tolerate my questions and neophyte advice with the patience of Job.

With any luck, we'll store the spare tomorrow and be On the Road Again by noon and out of poor Freds' hair for another season.

If you happen to be driving down I-75 tomorrow and spot an old MC5 with the brightest stop/turn signals in existence....you might be behind a Redneck!

Bob

cody

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2007, 06:37:04 PM »

Bob, I can't think of anything that could make our visit to florida any nicer than to spend some time visiting with all the people here from the board.  Just the idea of not having to pack a snow shovel in the trunk is a pretty nice thing all by itself.  Looks like we might be at the rally a day ahead of you, we'll be easy to find, just look for the big wind up key on the roof of the bus.lol
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2007, 07:21:44 PM »

Allright Bob, where's those pix you promised??   Angry
I know the camera battery is charged!  Wink
Damn I envy you being able to move to Florida in the winter! 
Has Cliff got any more room??  Maybe for just one more little bus?   Cry
Reckon we'll be stuck here in Charlotte for the holidays....bummer!
Doing Arcadia last year was a real treat!   This year, T's got plans on top of plans for Christmas and New Year's.   Angry
Oh well, maybe next year!
Pet Fred's puppies for me! 
WIWT!  JR   
BTW, calling for 75* by the end of the week!  Gimmie some more global warming!  Grin

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
NCbob

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2007, 05:06:53 AM »

I ressurected this older thread only for one reason...to show how close we can sometimes get to disaster and not know it.

While I was at Fred Hobe's and the bus was safetly blocked up I took the opportunity to check the gear oil in the drop box because I detected a slight ringing (in my mind underlubricated, straight cut gears) and found that it readily accepted 3 lbs of GO90 and there was still room for another lb. Egads!

Can you imagine how close I might have been to losing that box and the resulting expense associated with it?  Last winter I had a FL mechanic check it while he was doing other work and got the reassuring comment, "Yeah, it's OK."
but it wasn't and there are no visible leaks.

Trust your own judgement over all others...after all you're the guy who's going to have to foot the bill for the repairs.

FWIW

Bob

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: