Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 29, 2014, 07:57:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OT: A program on TV yesterday about Alternativs fuels.  (Read 2895 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 08:31:35 AM »

so I'm fishin for brownies!!  Cheesy LOLOLOL  (did it work??  Wink)

Chaz

Chaz you may want to be careful of the "brownies" you catch while fishing in the "porcelain pond" LOL!
BTW you are welcome to come down and enjoy the hospitality and services of our completly available shop anytime! Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2007, 09:12:42 AM »

Never thought of that, with either brain, I guess i could be By Polar..  Grin

Although ive never been to Either..

My rant is that We get Lied to at every turn and it goes on and on..

And, those two guys are still fighting it in court and spending Thousands in Leaglal fees.. to do it..

All because they THOUGHT this was a FREE country too..

Yup, im nuts,, Im causing decent in the ranks.. SHOOT ME...  Tongue Kiss Kiss Kiss
Dont worry, i wont be doing anything until i get at least 10,000 rounds saved up..

We are all NUTZ to some extent. Sorry, Didn't mean to demean. Roll Eyes

Over the years the editorial content of many publications and TV has been degraded by budget, facts and time spent on content or just plain lop-sided failure to research something before writing or shooting the segment. Many writers fail to actually know what they are doing or talking about. They take the first "expert" that they think knows more than they do and run with it.

There is a lot of viable information available if you actually take the time to look for it and I am one of those people that tend to look and try things before I make some editorial comment. I make mistakes and also make serious omissions at times.

There is also a bunch of MIS-Information out there. This is due in part to ignorance or even tampering with a subject to direct people away from what is really the truth if there is such a thing.

As things are there are quite a number of subjects that are purposely mis-directed...

WVO /SVO & Biodiesel
UFO and Aliens
Government Waste
Political Office Candidates ( degree in GREED required! )( Same as High pressure salesman )
Human Rights for Native Real Citizens
Health Insurance
Doctors (that Know medicine and are not just "Practicing"(sic) )
Medicines & Actual Cures for Disease
EPA
California ( CARB )
Oil Production
Oil Company Profits
TSA & Homeland Security
Copyright Act & Piracy

All fall into the category that is under "Oxymoron"

Would I use Veggie - YES
Have I used Veggie - YES
Did I have Problems - YES ( Not mechanical problems however )
Is it a useful "additive" - YES
Is it a useful primary fuel - NO (qualified answer: Due to convenience )
Do I still use it? - YES (qualified: To extend taxed fuel supply only )
Would I recommend Veggie? - YES ( For experimental use only )( subjective )
Would I suggest WVO to a new person? - NO ( Source of supply needed before spending $$)

I guess the bottom line is that IF you are thinking about using veggie or alternatives and you are not a mechanically inclined person who depends on others to actually do your own maintenance and service This is NOT for you. Just that simple.

Filters and filter systems cost money and require constant attention. Storage systems must be built and all hazzards including risk of loss must be considered. Risk to engines is real or as real as anything else. We all risk engine damage from polluted fuel from a dirty storage tank or pipeline. If you exercise due care you may be OK, But if you ignore any part of the process you could have a loss.

" Having all the ammo isn't the problem, It's having something to put the ammo into that's the primary problem. "

Have a Great Day.....

Dave.......

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Lee Bradley

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2007, 10:52:10 AM »

I don't know if it was the same program but I watched one that ended with a compressed air powered car. The car and it's inventors was pretty reasonable but the program's writer came up with adding a compressed air generator to the car so you could run an air compressor while you drove and you could have a Perpetual Motion Machine. Pretty much blew the credibility of the program's producers and writers for me. For more on Perpetual Motion Machines (most were issued patents, none work) check http://www.todayinsci.com/Books/MechApp/chap23/page2.htm
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2007, 12:11:13 PM »

Quote from: Chaz
Wink  Oh, and make our "Fantasticly wonderful, extremely knowledgeable, and good looking moderators" work a little harder.  Grin

Anyway, I guess just think about it.
      Ol' greasy Chaz   Grin

Chaz I was with ya right up to here! Have ya bumped yer head 'er, do you know someone I don't? LOL!
Grin  BK  Grin

Who Me ?

Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2007, 02:50:21 PM »

I dunno Richard.................. I may have to recant.  Lips Sealed    Wink

I'm wondering why this thread got moved??  Huh Huh Huh  You didn't have ANYTHING to do with this did you??

I'd be curious as to why someone would not consider fuel for our bus's not bus related??  AND we were playing nice!!!  Undecided  I can't say as I had much to do with that, but I was trying to keep us on the straight and narrow so as to at least not get deleted.

If, for some reason, fuels for our bus's are going to be on the "taboo list", personally, I'd like to know. I think it is a VERY interesting topic that can and should be - especially nowadays -  discussed for many reasons. None the of less of which is to help save us money so we can play with our bus's MORE!!!! And the savings are DIRECTLY connected to the bus, as opposed to saving money on groceries or something, where that money could be used for something else.

Please let me know. (I just KNOW you want to be back on that list of "good looking moderators"!!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy)

Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2007, 03:09:14 PM »

You guy's are correct...

This thread is NOT "OT"
I moved it back to the main BB
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2007, 03:10:45 PM »

Capt Ron,

Here is your post..

Charley Davidson

I have a bitch (besides my cute little dog)
« on: Today at 05:11:34 PM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The alternative fuel post was moved to off thread but other actual off thread posts were left in the regular area. I thought it was kinda settled a few days ago ALL OT topics would and should be posted in that section. The alternative fuel topic is not really OT it pertains to buses and some of us.

This thread in particular is a blatant violation of the rules by someone who made their first and only post but should know better. 
Post topic:  busand diesel Advice from a semi old timer

Howdy folks

I've owned about 80 buses, about 3 large trucks, 3 medium trucks, 5 fire trucks, about 15 pickups, and a lot of associated cars and machines.  I've also dismantled about 25 buses, and several pickups, and god knows what else.

If you need advice on diesel stuff or mechanics in general, or (!) want to buy a good used Crown or Gillig bus or fire truck, or parts, feel free to drop me a line.

My email is WheelchairBusProject@yahoo.com  and my phones are (559) 251-3814  or  (559) 244-1042 

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2007, 03:25:47 PM »

Thanx Nick.
  I was really wondering what was happening. Actually, I'm still a little cofused about your last post in this thread. But no worry, I'm happy to be back on track with the fuel thing. Actually, now that I know we can play with that topic, I may just start a new one and have a fresh start. We can then let these other ones go by the wayside then.

Thanx Nick.   (ok, you can be one of the "good looking" moderators too!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/

DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2007, 01:18:17 PM »

Hey guys, it was me. I am still having some problems with my computer and could not get back in to correct my screwup. Sorry.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2007, 02:33:48 PM »

No problem. You can be "good looking" again.   Grin Grin Grin

I was just concerned that this topic was going to be taboo. I'm glad it's not. It may be a little contraversial, but I think it a very beneficial one also.

Thanx!!
     Chaz

Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2007, 03:12:02 PM »

Hey guys, it was me. I am still having some problems with my computer and could not get back in to correct my screwup. Sorry.
Richard

You do know that a good sized boot will fix that computer problem.....ONCE!

The CD drawer is NOT a coffee cup holder..... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2007, 04:25:40 PM »

Richard

Yea, and I am about to give it a steel toed size 12. lol

Richard

superpickle

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2007, 04:30:23 PM »

Richard

Ya mean, its Not a Pizza tray either  Sad.. Hmmmpf..

Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2007, 10:55:19 AM »

Chaz...Dr. Dave,

You guys are the greatest.  I am feeling much better now ( a quote of "Hal" in 2001 but has no relationship).  never enjoyed reading an exchange more.   AND it had bus content, too.

SP,

Hats off to you and your alligator hide.

Thank you all.  Hope my strong endorsement isn't accepted as an insult.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2007, 07:12:01 PM »

Not at all John. I'm glad someone/others get some benefit from this. I know it's good, and it just seems that the people who use it are.............. I assume........... tired of promoting, defending, justifying, (whatever the word is) their use, and the use of something that is very beneficial to them and others. I mean, hey, why should they care or put the energy into helping people if it takes a bunch of their time and they get grief over it.
  I could be way off base here, but, it seems that way. I LOVE good debate. It benefits us all. I makes people think more and harder. It brings up ideas others - like me - who are sold on the idea be a little more cautious and make sure I/we do it correctly.  But sometimes it goes past "debate".
  Anyway, off the soapbox. I don't need to cause another s**t storm.

Keep pluggin,
    Chaz

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: