Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 01, 2014, 11:19:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OT: A program on TV yesterday about Alternativs fuels.  (Read 2973 times)
ktmossman

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2007, 01:43:21 PM »

Hmmm.... Maybe we spoke too soon.  It seems that some govt. types are starting to take notice of the missing fuel tax revenue...

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/599471.html
HB of CJ

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2007, 02:19:08 PM »

Wow!...lots of interesting posts on this topic.  Since it does relate kinda with coaches I need to understands some stuff.  First thing we (I) need to do is understand the definitions of the many various buzz words being bounced around.

First off, just what is "biodiesel"?  Is there a good, agreed upon definition?  I dunno.  Is it 5% vege oil?  10% vege?  I might suggest that the common demonimater (sp) is that we have people hyping this product.  Is there a $profit$ motive in all of this?

Probably.  Not that that is bad in itself, but we should sit back and understand that individuals are backing/promoting this product because they may "gleen" some sort of $advantage$.  The human condition.  Again, nothing wrong with that.

Where does the vege oil come from?  American/Canadian agriculture techinques are very fuel intensive.  Everything seems to grow not only from sunlight, water, CO2 and soil nutrientants, (sp) but from fossil fuel required to "fuel" the total process.

Are we just "gleening" a temporary nitch in a greater process?  Might be.  And...if someone where to do the math (beyond my feeble mind) we might just find that with all things considered, it may just be cheaper AND BETTER to burn fossil fuel.  Easier on everything.

The danger of all this "hype" about bio-diesel is that a few (some?) people just conclude that it's good for themselves and the planet when, if completely analyzed, the process does little or nothing and actually at times may actually have a negative impact.  Just my thoughts.  Thanks.    Smiley Smiley Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: