Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 28, 2014, 09:47:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: R&M fiberglass  (Read 1527 times)
coachcrazy

Ignore
« on: May 26, 2006, 09:49:06 AM »

are the raised roof caps for the mc9  able to support any sized raise?  i take it they come big so you can trim to desired size?

also does anyone have some links for windows, like ones they use on the marathon conversions and also the electric blinds on the flont windows and such.

thanks in advance
BJW

Always Follow Your Dream!!!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 10:16:05 AM »

Hello,

I bought R&M's 8 inch front and rear caps.  They had a little extra for trimming, but did not have nearly enough to make up for the 12 raise that I did.  I had specific design considerations that I incorporated in Gus, so I chose to buy the largest "stock" caps that Richard had.  He could have made me larger caps, but they would have been an addtiional cost.  I chose this directions so I could incorporate the horn insets in the front and the air dam in Gus' rear of  cap.  It worked out great and I would do it again in a heart beat, as the outcome was very custom and gave Gus his unique front and rear look.  I hope this helps.  Please let me know if you have any further questions. 

BJW
Gus the Bus
Federal Way, WA
coachcrazy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 11:10:04 AM »

thanks for the info, do you happen to have an online blog or photo album i can draw inspiration from? i was planning on doing a 12 inch raise but im thinking it may be more then i need, whats the overall height of gus with AC units and roof clutter?
BJW

Always Follow Your Dream!!!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 02:41:01 PM »

Gus is about 12'11" tall (so 13 feet) with all the clutter of the roof.  However, the way I designed the sides, the clutter is not very visible from the ground.  The sides are integrated/smooth into the front and rear caps allowing the curve of the roof to be hidden and the sides to look similar to a new MCI or Prevost.  I wanted to do this so I could have space to integrate my Girard awning into the side verses mounting it outside the side of the bus.  Though the sides and caps are smoothed, it gave me enough room to actually mount the Girard above the corner of the roof, giving flush exterior to the side of the bus whne the awnign is retracted.  It gives the bus an overall flat side and  roof look. 

I don't have any blog or any site yet, but I have been considering it as I have thousands of pictures covering everything I've done from my slide construction to my digital systems.  I will in the future build a site, but for now I still have a lot to do on Gus.  If there is something you'd like to see, or have any questions, feel free to contact me at plnthair(at)gte.net  (just replace the (at) with a @ symbol). 

Have a great holiday!!!!   

thanks for the info, do you happen to have an online blog or photo album i can draw inspiration from? i was planning on doing a 12 inch raise but im thinking it may be more then i need, whats the overall height of gus with AC units and roof clutter?

BJW
Gus the Bus
Federal Way, WA
coachcrazy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 04:05:00 PM »

can you tell me the makers of this style awning?  are they girards too?
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 06:53:31 PM »

Girard Awning makes units similar.  Armless remote that are self storing in windy conditions.  Also $$$$$.  JR
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 06:55:32 PM by NJT5047 » Logged

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
ceieio
MCI 7 DD 8V71, HT740

1973 MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 09:29:03 PM »

coachcrazy - Here is an idea from Fred Hobe that you may be able to work from... scroll down to the eagle 10 roof raise.

http://users.cwnet.com/~thall/fredhobe5.htm

Craig MC7 - Oregon USA
coachcrazy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 03:48:06 PM »

wow great link,ceieio.  a ton of usefull info in there, many tips i am surely going to employ in my future coach. 

thanks alot
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: