Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 08:28:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Memorial Day  (Read 1376 times)
dwbruner

Ignore
« on: May 26, 2006, 02:43:39 PM »

Wishing a safe Memorial Day weekend to everyone! Thank you to our Armed Forces both past & present!

God Bless America! Smiley

Darrin Bruner
1985 Eagle Model 10
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 04:33:29 PM »

Every year on Memorial Day I look around and realize how lucky I am.

Lucky to be born in this country.

Lucky to have men and women who where willing to sacrifice there most precious gift, there lives for me and you.

And as a young man who volunteered to serve, but was lucky (I didn't think so at the time) to serve during a time of peace,

Thank you WWI and WWII Veterans, Korea Veterans, Vietnam Veterans, Gulf War, Afgan and Iraq Veterans.

You were and still are my Hero's.

God bless you and God bless America.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Dallas

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 06:42:25 PM »

A Firm Salute to all our Vets.
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 06:46:22 PM »

AMEN!
JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
pete81eaglefanasty

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 06:58:23 PM »

you just can't enough about our vets then and now. not only on memorial day
but every day,god bless them one and all.
               pete

WHAT EVER YOU DO, OR TO WHO YOU DO IT TOO, DO IT WITH A SMILE, IT MAKES IT LEGAL THAT WAY.
ol713

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 08:33:28 PM »

I will second that,what JR said - - - - - AMEN !!
NCbob

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 10:36:14 AM »

Last Monday I was asked to take a friend over to the VA Hospital near Asheville, NC for a procedure.  Now we all run across our fair share of amputee's and handicapped folks in our everyday travels but let me say, for the record, I haven't seen this many in one place at one time in my life.

Many of them were in my age group,  (let's just say OLD) some could have been in WWII or Korea.  Many could well have been in 'Nam.

The care and consideration given to these heroes was not only heartwarming but brought a tear to my eyes.  One gentleman, with only one leg and one arm, was attempting to move from one area of the hospital via a common elevator.  I immediately saw his need and moved around behind him and asked him where he needed to go (my friend was being prepped for his procedure) and he told me.

I followed his directions and got him to where he needed to go and he thanked me for my kindness.  I said, with a big lump in my throat, "You're more than welcome my friend, but I thank you for your sacrifice and your service to our Country".

I had to find a quiet corner for a few minutes.......

NCbob
Clarke Echols

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 08:30:20 PM »

Wishing a safe Memorial Day weekend to everyone!  Thank you to our Armed Forces both past & present!

God Bless America!  Smiley

One of my favorite satire sites is www.scrappleface.com.  Once in a while, Scott puts up a non-satire piece.  Today's is a masterpiece:

http://www.scrappleface.com/?p=2270

About 20 months ago, I met a man who was missing a leg and an arm.  He was guest speaker at a convention I was attending.  I told him that he was the sort of person who makes me absolutely livid when I see "children of privilege" such as our former president in charge of forces he avoided in earlier years, or the opponent of our current president in the last election who was touted as a "war hero" though his claims seem at odds with demonstrated reality.

Yes, I am aware of the "documents" that claimed to "expose" our current president that CBS News made public, but I also am an expert in typography and I can tell anyone and everyone that the "documents" were produced by a modern computer system and such a document was physically impossible to produce when our current president was in the Guard because there was no equipment in existence that could produce the typefaces or position of characters
relative to each other.  Besides, it matched *perfectly* a separate document hand-typed into Microsoft Word using default settings.

Things would be a lot different if American citizens lived circumspect lives themselves, then demanded similar behavior from their political representatives; but alas such is not the case.

Clarke
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: