Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 10:56:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's Official  (Read 4586 times)
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2007, 01:27:42 PM »

Grin  Aww. ya made me blush.  LOL   Flattery will get you almost anywhere.  Luckily there aren't any pretty gals around here or nothing would ever get done.  HEHE

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2007, 02:43:28 PM »

OH Crap Dallas! Boy have we done it now! I'm sure Gary, Uncle Ned, Don, Jerry, Ron, Darrin, Mike, Jay and everybody else remembers the joke off the 4 sale sign we put on the bus when we parked it down at the road for the rally. Well guess what? Ya we forgot to take the sign off it and some guy found our website, uh huh if yer with me this far Dallas you probably can figure out the rest of it by now (buy it now)! Yup that's right this guy has used the buy it now button I had you put on our website for accepting credit cards and has bought Franks bus! As a matter of fact he's probably gonna be there any minute now to pick it up! I was gonna tell ya about it sooner, but ya know after driving those 850 miles yesterday, the football team leading from the first quarter 13-3 and then losing 24-13 in the last 5 mins of the game, and Jeannine & I leaving at the crack of dawn this AM! (second night in a row I got about 3-4 hrs sleep b4 driving all day!) I just plumb forgot! Until I read this post! Well all I can say is when he get's there check his ID and put a piece of paper over his credit card and use a pencil to make an imprint of it! By the way he forgot to add the 8% fee for using the credit card so please collect that in cash!
Thanks Grin  BK  Grin
PS You and Cat have no idea how much easier my life is with you guys there to handle things like this when I'm one the road! And I REALLY do appreciate all the 2 of you do! Oh and by the way maybe someone should call Frank and tell him about this little issue b4 he comes all that way! Oh yeah the guy said he doesn't care about a title (he's cutting it up for scrap), but he would like a bill of sale to drive it home on! If ya don't mind writing one up for Frank (after all he is the actual registered owner!)

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2007, 02:51:27 PM »

Too late Bryce.  Frank is on his way and has no cell phone and his mother has no phone so he won't know until he gets here.  I think Dallas and I need to go somewhere, anywhere, anywhere at all before he shows up. Mike will be here tomorrow, we can let him break the news for us. 

PS:  Since when is 8:15 the crack of dawn?  LOL

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2007, 03:08:14 PM »

Quote from: bubbaqgal
PS:  Since when is 8:15 the crack of dawn?  LOL       

Think about it CAT! Me ~ 8:15 AM Especially with whatever time it was when I got in! (around 3-4 I think!)

And I hear ya on the anywhere! LOL! Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2007, 03:16:00 PM »

ya shoulda just stayed up.  LOL

Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2007, 03:35:23 PM »

I would invite Frank to stop by here. Buuuuttt I don't think he would be up for the case of white knuckles to get to my place... Those two hairy downhill switchbacks look even scarier now with the vegetation gone.....

Remember I am off I-40 at Hwy 56N ( Loves Truck Stop Exit 280 )..
Then about 9 miles...

Dave.....

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Dallas

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2007, 04:19:49 PM »

No Problem, Dave....

He'll have his Jeep Wrangler behind him, maybe, if I remember to put those pesky lock washers on the bolts.

If not, well, It's 4WD, it should be able to go anywhere, right?

DF
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2007, 07:05:47 PM »

No Problem, Dave....

He'll have his Jeep Wrangler behind him, maybe, if I remember to put those pesky lock washers on the bolts.

If not, well, It's 4WD, it should be able to go anywhere, right?

DF

Yep... Just kidding, Anyone is welcome that is passing through. Just let me know...

Dallas, Your Tagline is GOOD....

"A Job Worth Doing is Worth Screwing Up"
"What this country needs is kids who think tearing a lawnmower engine apart is more fun than playing video games"

I resemble that remark...( Dave ).... My problem is that I have not outgrown it....

Number 5 Dis-assemble ...Need Tools.....Hmmmm... Need Bigger Tools.... Hmmm.. Shocked

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
superpickle

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2007, 07:34:42 AM »

How Exciteing.. Good trip to you and Who ever is going with you.. Dont listen to these people, they ate NOT your friends..  Grin

Happy Sailing... 

(mummble..mummble..)

OH, sorry, i thought you just bought a Boat... Never Mind..  Huh

Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.
Danny

87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2007, 01:30:28 PM »

Hey,  I live 5 miles north of Cookeville, Tennessee (about half way between Nashville and Knoxville on I-40).  If you need anything let me know.  I have a lot of parking room if you need to stop over for the night.

Danny

I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)
Slow Rider
Global Moderator

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2007, 06:12:20 PM »

Well, here we go.

I finally made it to BK'S today.  The trip here was pretty uneventful.  The Jeep started spitting oil so ever hundred miles I had to stop and check it and throw some in occasionally.  I spent the night at my mom's (she lives 2 hours south of BK's place) and headed out bright and early today.

I was amazed, they managed to get most of the parts back on and the mildew should be cleared up in a month or so.  The major disappointment was they didn't get it painted pink afterall.  I think Cody will be upset the most. 

Among all the tail telling and lie swapping and Dallas having to earn a living we did manage to get started on some of the things we need to get done in order for me to get the bus back to Virginia. 

We have the rear bumper off and will start he hitch install tomorrow if we don't find too much rust. (shhhhh don't tell the eagle guys, I will never hear the end of it)  Dallas said it would not be proper to remove the seats with air tools.  He said a real bus nut only used hand tools for this job.  So I was handed a wrench , a mallet and a screw driver and told to get cracking!

I have never seen such a group of people so happy to see a fellow bus nut work.  They were all smiling and some just down right giggling as I headed into the bus.    I  believe they started laughing even harder when they heard me rename the seats a couple of times during the process. 

I must be a true bus owner now because I have the scraped knuckles and aching back and knees that seem so common.  Well it is dark here and they have rolled up the sidewalks.  Actually there are no sidewalks, but Dallas did turn off the lights. 

So far it has been a grand adventure.....more notes tomorrow.

Frank

The MCI has landed..... We are home.
Dale City Va.  Just a southern suburb of DC
Yes I am a BUSNUT
1976 MCI MC8
Dreamscape

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2007, 08:21:52 PM »

Hey Frank,You just had to metion rusty Eagle's huh.....Not funny.......At least our coach is sitting by the house rust and all....Hee....Hee....Hee....

Just Git 'er done and drive that baby home.......Be safe, and make sure you check everything out before you leave....You never know what is missing...... ;

Now you've got BUSTED KNUCKLES......Sore back......And a new vocabulary.... Wink

Paul
Slow Rider
Global Moderator

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2007, 06:06:32 PM »

Once again we entered the fray.  We worked on two projects today.  We started the install for the tow bar on my jeep and more demolition on the bus.  We have Finlay cut out all the Pieces we no longer need (well according to Dallas anyway) and started measuring the pieces we want to put back in. 

I got to play with the cut off wheel today, made lots of smoke and pretty sparks, just like in the movies.  We got quite a bit accomplished.  In theory we will finish up tomorrow, I guess that remains to be seen.  Smiley

On a very positive note, I got to drive the bus today WOO HOO !!!  We had to go to town for supplies so Dallas said it was a good a time as any to get that first driving lesson.  I was very impressed.  He only yelled three times, though he did seem to pray a lot.  Cat put her knuckle imprints in the passenger rail and has said she will never ride in the front seat again. 

It couldn't have been too bad though, I did manage to talk them out of taking a taxi home after we ate dinner.  All in all a good first trip.  The plan for tomorrow is to finish the hitch and tow bar and for me to head to my mom's for Thanksgiving. After that it is 800 miles to home.

The adventure continues......

Frank

The MCI has landed..... We are home.
Dale City Va.  Just a southern suburb of DC
Yes I am a BUSNUT
1976 MCI MC8
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2007, 06:55:57 PM »

I only sat in the front seat 'cause you took the back ones out.  The taxi part...well,first off, we never saw a taxi and secondly, you looked so pitiful begging us to ride with you.  We couldn't  say no when you got on your knees inside the restaurant.  Everyone thought you were proposing to both of us.

Dallas

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2007, 06:05:14 AM »

Well,
We were gonna go have dinner at the local Chop Suey joint and take Franks Jeep.

The plan was to have some dep fried Garfield and maybe a side of Morris soup.

Then it dawned on us that we wouldn't all fit in the Wrangler so I suggested using the bus as it was as good a time as any to have the first driving experience.

Below is a picture of Frank behind the wheel, negotiating the 7 1/2' wide road that we live on.

He says it portrays concentration, but we prefer to think of it as "Complete and Total Abject Terror"!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: