Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 21, 2014, 04:28:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MCI-9 Transmission won't engage  (Read 36283 times)
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: January 18, 2008, 08:24:55 AM »

Well, the UPS truck has delievered my ECU.   I'm sliding out of work, (glad my boss isn't on this net).  Have some other things to check before I plug it in.

Could there be a end in sight,,,, time will tell,,,,, tick, tick, tick.....

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
redbus

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: January 18, 2008, 09:08:21 AM »

Good Luck. You need it. Grin Grin
Terry

Terry
"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, Believe in them, and try to follow them." ~Louisa May Alcott~
www.awayweare.blogspot.com/
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: January 18, 2008, 09:38:17 AM »

We're WAITING!!     Shocked Wink

JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
Dallas

« Reply #153 on: January 18, 2008, 10:02:07 AM »

With Hearts all Aflutter!!     Shocked Wink

NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: January 18, 2008, 01:20:31 PM »

With Hearts all Aflutter!!     Shocked Wink

Yep!

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: January 18, 2008, 03:18:47 PM »

THE BUS MOVES
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I have GEARS,,,, All of THEM !!!!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I've only moved it up on boards, so I could drain a little fluid from the transmission.  Guess WHAT.... It's wasn't the ECU.  I wanted to continue checking out the wiring before plugging in the $800.00, plus two overnight shipping,  either the 221 or the 220 wire corrected the problem.

Still have some fine tuning,,,,the ECU is still flashing the 21 code, the TPS code.  Will play with that tomorrow, weather permitting.  Will take her around the park, if all goes well, for a little ride down the beach tomorrow.

It's not done,,, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

fixed  HTML, DML

« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 05:14:03 AM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: January 18, 2008, 03:36:35 PM »

Hmmmm, seems like I heard someone tell you it was wiring how many dollar signs ago? Grin Grin Wink Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Wink Grin Grin

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: January 18, 2008, 08:45:37 PM »

<<<<O ROLLING OO<< Very cool that Cat was able to direct the repairs!    Grin
What's the 221/220 wire?  I don't have immediate access to the magnifying instrument that I use to read the little print.  Sad
You know, the ECM may still have issues.  I'd bet the return rate is high on ECMs suffering from 'multiple diagnosis"...?
Really glad to hear that it works.
BTW, you may have the TPS misadjusted...or, the TPS is faulty (yeah, the new one), or the ECM takes a few runs to 'calibrate' to the TPS.   Verify that the TPS isn't moving beyond it's range in either direction.  Sammy can tell you how.
Having that bus moving under it's own power is one way to spell RELIEF!!  Gads man.  Fine job sorting that thing out in the winter! 
    DA  BUS  MOOVES!    Grin Cheesy Smiley Roll EyesBill, if you ever find yourself up our way, Charlotte, NC, you got a personal invite to drop anchor!  We'll pop a couple cool ones....and then Cat can work on our bus!!   Grin Roll Eyes Cool
Cat, ya'll come'on down  the next time you want to stretch that bus a little.  I got an idea....Fayetteville in May, weekend after Mothers Day, party at Wade KOA.  All buses welcome.  Ya'll oughta come on up.  It'll be about time to move...get here early and I'll take care of your parking.  And I don't mind you working on it down by the barn dude.and dudette!  Cat offers management skills!  Shocked  Gitrdone Cat!
Regards, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: January 19, 2008, 06:58:09 AM »

JR,

The 220 connects the Shift Selector pin 5 to ECU J2 terminal H.  It is the SS8

The 221 connects the Shift Selector pin 3 to ECU J2 terminal J.  It is the SS2.

As soon as the weather gets a little better, I'm going to go through the set up for the TPS.

Thank you for the invite, you never know when and where I may show up.  Presently looking forward to starting the new job in St. Pete.  If you get down to Florida, let me know.

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: January 19, 2008, 10:15:02 AM »

Bill,

I just wonder how many Nuts are putting their sleep meds back in the medicine cabnet about now.  Really glad you got this thing on a "down hill drag" at last.  Happy hunting with the remaining gremlins and KEEP US POSTED.

My very best wishes.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: January 19, 2008, 03:25:45 PM »

Man, what a thread this became, and it showed what the bus community is all about. The best minds, and the best bus doctors, that money could buy. Everyone, and his mother was trying to help solve the problem of a busnut and his stricken bus. I could even picture in my mind the bus on it's top upside down, with all the busnut doctors around it in their white mechanic's coats yelling out "WRENCH, CLAMPS, SCREW DRIVER, STREIGHT 40WT RINGERS LACTATE STAT", and all of us above the operating room looking down on the operation through the big windows of the web, wondering is this bus going to make it. I know many have watched this with quite a bit of interest and great concern. This is a great example of what makes this site the best bus site on the web. Each and everyone who tried to help deserve a great "Atta Boy" 

WVaNative     

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
compedgemarine

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: January 19, 2008, 03:50:01 PM »

one of the most interesting things is it shows that with electronics the "stated problem" or code may not be the issue. in this case the TPI circuit is tied into several other things and one can aggravate the other sending you on a wild chase. I think everyone learned a little throughout this thread on how to trouble shoot some of this stuff and to be really thorough in tracking wires and circuits.
glad to see it all worked out as I am sure we could all hear the sigh of relief when it shifted.
steve
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: January 20, 2008, 02:27:06 PM »

The Bus Drives,,, The Bus Drives,,,, The Bus Drives,,,,,   Grin

The problem started Nov 18.  Two months, two days, hours and hours, later,,,, it's fixed. Can't believe this thread has been read 4100 times. 

Went and fueled up  $3.09 a gallon.  Drove it down the interstate for 10 miles.  Wow! Did that feel good.  Looks like I will be able to head to Fred's in Madison, Florida the end of next week.

I adjusted the TPI, need to double check it.  Thought the code had vanished,,, but not so. Believe this is minor.

Thanks to all the busnuts that help me,,, even in the little ways,,,, to help me keep going and not give up.  Thanks to Dallas for coming down to the coast for a week to help for three days.  Thanks to NJ boys and others for all their inputs.  Always gave me something to look up, or at least think about this and that.

Most of all, thank you Sammy   Grin, you folks would not believe how many phone calls between us.  Nights, mornings weekends,,, some from Sammy just to make sure I was hanging in there,  to keep me going.  I know Sammy spent hours of his own time, studying schematics and manual to see which he should send me.  Not only have I fixed a bus, but feel like I have gained a friend.  Thank you Sammy.

As most of you know,,, I start a new job Feb 4th in St. Petersburg, Florida.  I have been a full timer since the day I bought the bus, in Oct 2006.  Once I reach Florida I will start using the bus for weekend trips.  Looking forward to staying close to home and hitting many of the state parks around Florida.  Jack,,, plan to show up your way one weekend.

Thanks again,

Bill    Grin

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: January 20, 2008, 02:40:04 PM »

Congratulations!  Glad to hear you are on the road again!

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA
gomer

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: January 20, 2008, 06:15:10 PM »

Bill I want to say thanks to you for not burning the coach or shuvving it over the hill..LOL 
  When you get near Ocala give me a call and I will buy you a cup of coffee and see how many hairs you have left on your head, cause I know you pulled a lot on them..  GLad to hear you are on the road again.
 352-854-9332 home and 352-875-1040 cell.. That goes for all you other nuts too
gomer

as you slid down the banister of life,may the splnters point the other way
TRUST IN GOD ALWAYS. riverjordanmusic@aim.com
Gomer
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: