Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 08:58:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GM Futureliner on the E-place  (Read 6095 times)
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2007, 07:55:46 PM »

I didn't find the bus. Could someone link it?

Thanks

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2007, 07:58:00 PM »

Never mind, I got it to work.....Ugh!

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
gomer

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2007, 01:17:56 PM »

I am just a dumb country boy but.  How do  you get in the thing?  does it have a door on the roof , how about the front or rear opening up?  I really can't find it    gollie
gomer

as you slid down the banister of life,may the splnters point the other way
TRUST IN GOD ALWAYS. riverjordanmusic@aim.com
Gomer
Green-Hornet

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2007, 01:31:02 PM »

Kinda kills me that with something so rare that someone would buy two and use one for parts. Looking at the monetary and historical value of something, that only 12 were ever built, that one in ANY condition would be worth restoring. Taking a page from antique wooden boat restorations, as long as some original wood exists,like a hatch cover, it is still the same boat and carries the same history and value. Along with my other love of Bristish cars, specifically Austin Healey bugeye Sprite's, none are too far gone to justify totalling one just for parts to make one. Sad if any of them are lost forever because of that practice.
captain ron

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2007, 01:49:54 PM »

If only 12 were built and you has 2 or 3 for parts and used them for that it makes the remaining 9 or 10 worth that much more  Roll Eyes
Kinda like insider trading  Grin
BusCrazyTom

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2007, 02:23:53 PM »

Gomer,

The entrance is on the front, sort of above the right front bumper. Kinda hard to see, though.

Tom
Sojourner

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2007, 06:08:07 PM »

Gomer....this link show (1st photo) a fine outline of door at right front side. After open, a stairs chase run up to right side of driver's seat. By the way these photos is are 1940 version with all glass roof over driver. They change to hard top before 53's show. Driver were getting near heat stroke.
http://www.futurliner.com/pic3.htm
Open Door & hard top & resigned grille to allow more air in: http://www.futurliner.com/pic5.htm

An interesting October 2007 letter from Michigan State Trooper William Rials...told his few years driving experience at bottom half of page: http://www.futurliner.com/mich2.htm

I been 2 Parade of Progress events....Lansing & Michigan State Fair.

This Futurliner was at Mak Bus Conversion meet and took many photos. It took my breath away when I saw it driven in.....awesome vehicle.

FWIW

Sojourn for Christ, Jerry
gomer

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2007, 01:49:15 PM »

well  gollie I found it and that is some pretty good body work LOL.  I think it isn't original tho,  It has a color tv on the counter, in fact in 1939 they didn't have tv's  did they?  thanks for the insight.  I don't believe I can afford it how about you'all LOL Roll Eyes
 gomer

as you slid down the banister of life,may the splnters point the other way
TRUST IN GOD ALWAYS. riverjordanmusic@aim.com
Gomer
gus

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2007, 08:14:40 PM »

I think a guy here in AR has one of these but don't know anything about the condition. He had a bunch of buses and got rid of all of them except this one and I assumed from his description that it is a Futureliner.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2007, 05:05:46 AM »

Jerry,
Good, good information to enjoy from the links you provided about the Futurliner.  I got the same excitement reading about it as I did when I first stepped into Dave Lang's Flxible bus, if you have not seen this creation you have to see it at one of our rallies.  Oh, he is a walking encyclopedia of bus knowledge also if you need good information.

Here is two photos of Dave's bus, you will get nearly the same feeling looking at Dave's bus as you would looking at a Futurliner.

Thanks again Jerry for the Futurliner link.
Gary

Gary

Gary
Sojourner

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2007, 05:57:45 AM »

Yes Gary! I total agree about Dave Lang's Flxible being very done well rebuild to today tech. I have taken several photos while at Jack's rally in Arcadia of his cummin installation. Would like to hear from Dave about the engine cooling system...how it doing! Flxible was ahead of all bus manufacturers in regard to air flow around bus and air cooling to radiator. I think future buses will be going back to Flxible's thinking. Hi-speed streamline passenger train is already doing it.

Greatest power robber is vacuum behind busís endÖ..frontal is #2 for power requirement. I believe Flxible has equal balance of power requirement of both ends.

FWIW

Sojourn for Christ, Jerry
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2007, 07:21:47 AM »

I agree with Gary and Jerry, Dave and Carol have one wonderful coach!
After starting some serious work on our 'Cruiser this weekend I am fired up!
Ya'll meaning everyone on this board are a tremendous help...and I appreciate it!
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2007, 09:01:55 AM »

Dave & Corl's Flex was a feature coach at one of our Bussin' rallies and was one the buses used by Jim Shepard & Sonny "Catskinner" Gray in their seminar on engine swaps. It is certainly a beautiful coach and also one of the best engineeered engine swaps. Dave & Carol plan to be Bussin' 2008.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Green-Hornet

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2007, 01:59:53 PM »

Someone is testing the waters Wink and it's not yer old pal Green Hornet!
Over $500,000 with more than a day to go!
HB of CJ

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2007, 02:30:35 PM »

Gary...thanks for the great pics of Dave's Flexy.  And...I am sorry I am kinda also hijacking this post.  Used to drive Flexies in Yosemite National Park ways back in the ancient past like 1970 or soosss.  Are we getting old yet?  He he he....NEVER!!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: