Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 23, 2014, 01:31:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus in a Movie Question...  (Read 3472 times)
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« on: November 25, 2007, 08:37:20 AM »

I put this in Jacks New Ride thread but no response. So I thought I would give it a life of it's own.
 Has anyone seen the movie "A Walk in the Clouds"? There is a bus in there and I was wanting to know if anyone could tell me what it is. I think it might be a Brill, but I'm not that up on old bus's.
  A buddy of mine started his own winery because of the movie (seriously!!) and he wants stuff like what is in it. I already got him a couple trucks, but if we know what kind of bus that is, if one comes around, he might be tempted to get it.
  By the way, it's a "pretty good" flick.  Undecided  It's a "chick flick" but it's ok. The end is kinda hookie.
  But if ya know the kind and/or year or anything, I'd appreciate it! I could maybe get another busnut buddy around here.  Grin Hate to ruin a good guy like that, but "infatuation loves company"!!  Cheesy Cheesy

Addicting others,
       Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 01:35:52 PM »

Hi Chaz,

i seen it years ago and havn't given it a second thought until you mentioned it...

A Walk In The Clouds(1995)
From director Alfonso Arau ("Like Water for Chocolate") comes this lush, romantic drama. Keanu Reeves stars as a newly-returned WWII soldier who agrees to help a woman he befriends on a bus by posing as her husband and meeting her family at their Napa Valley vineyard. As the ruse continues, Reeves falls in love with his "wife" and sets out to prove his worth to her father. Aitana Sanchez-Gijon, Giancarlo Giannini, Anthony Quinn co-star. 102 min.

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 05:08:32 PM »

Any ideas Nick??? I would guess maybe someone needs to see it now who would know. I sure don't. I did google it, but couldn't find anything.
 It's not a big deal. Just thought someone might know. It does have a bus in it in case one of the "nuts" out there has to watch a chick flick with the little lady.  Wink Grin

Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/

Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 05:33:30 PM »

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/search/mediaplayer.asp?ean=024543057604&z=y

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 06:21:39 PM »

EXCELLENT!!!!
 Thanx Ednj!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW!!! Lets see who can tell what kind of bus this is from the small clips they show! The guy I bought my bus from had 2 bus's that had rear windows like that in the back, but they had a big round..... uh........ something (maybe a stop light, I don't remember) in the middle just below them.  I can't swear to it, but they might have been Flxibles. They were rough, but one could be restored I'm pretty sure. I thought they were pretty cool, especially the "butt".

Whataya say??!!! Anyone able to tell the kind and year of this bus??

Thanx again Ednj!!!!

Chaz

tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 06:24:20 PM »

I'm going to say early PD 4101-4103 on the exterior shot  of chace a 37 series...interior is more likey a old look suburban....

Reasoning.   looks to be smaller windows on the outside shot.

Exterior ID based on Fluting, rear bumper and very ID able entry door shape

Defintley not a flx or a Brill
Songman

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2007, 06:51:04 PM »

I'm going to go with an early Crown. The double humped bumper matches the Crowns. The GMs would have all had fluted bumpers with more ridges. Also, the rear windows on the 4101-3s are too large as compared to the bus in the video.

I see Crown's out here all the time since most of the schools still use them. They really haven't changed all that much in the last 60 years. The picture below shows the Crown bumpers.
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2007, 07:06:55 PM »

have not seen many crowns with sedan doors...but there were some

3703's had the split bumper
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2007, 07:11:27 PM »

however I do agree that rear bumper looks suspiciously like a crown bumper......also noted that the shades are down on the inside of the bus.....which makes me believe the bus was not moving or perhaps couldn't move

also noted no rear engine doors....so exterior I would now say Crown, I have never sean the inside of a Crown bus that wasn't a schoolie so can't Confirm that the inside is a crown or not
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2007, 07:12:40 PM »

Songman, Check out the window size from the inside shots......I would say non crown interior shots based on that
Songman

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2007, 07:21:52 PM »

I agree. It looks like they used something different for the interior shots. The rear glass does look big.
Dallas

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2007, 07:28:55 PM »

Chaz,

The big round thing in the back you mentioned is called a "Target" light.

Doug,
I doubt that was a 4101, those had the boat tail rear end like a 3751.
Probably not a 4102 or 4103 either since those have a different type of luggage rack, the rear windows are too small, and the engine compartment lid is wrong. However, since it's not that old a movie, it could be a make over.

Dale,
It's not a Crown, the curve on the rear windows is wrong and the side windows are too high. I do agree that the bumper looks like a Crown bumper though.

My opinion, for what it's worth, which isn't much would be that it's a modified PD4151, my reasoning is as stated above about the small rear windows, non boat tail, luggage racks and..... if you stop the film just before the suitcase hits the floor, you'll see a Santa Fe railroad logo in the rubber floor.

Edit: it's not a 4151 either... They had a boat tail and a target light and the rear windows were upside down compared to other GMC's

Dallas

Songman

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2007, 07:32:59 PM »

Dallas,

Just before the suitcase hits the floor, I think they are on a train. There is certainly too much room there for them to be on an old model bus. It has been a long time since I have seen the movie so I am not sure though. But I do love this movie.. even though it is a chick flick. No surprise though. French Kiss is just about my favorite movie of all time.
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2007, 07:36:41 PM »

Chaz,

You could try IMCDB Internet Movie Cars Database. Not sure if you will find it in there yet, but it is a very big data base that is growing all of the time. Cool site if you are any kind of motor head.  Here is link to the thread:

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=4798.0

Laryn

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Its the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2007, 07:41:52 PM »

Gotta be a crown....no engine doors on the back of the bus or transmission door on the back curb side......so Not a GM transverse mounted model.

could be a couple of different small coach builders but most likely a crown based on the mid engine config and bumper

inside I would say is an old look Suburban

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: