Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 30, 2014, 02:16:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus in a Movie Question...  (Read 3400 times)
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2007, 07:53:05 PM »

I wonder if it is some sort of hybrid cobbled up for the movie?

Here is a link for different GM buses to look through:

http://www.coachinfo.com/AllAboutBuses/GMC_Info.html

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
Dallas

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2007, 07:56:26 PM »

Dallas,

Just before the suitcase hits the floor, I think they are on a train. There is certainly too much room there for them to be on an old model bus. It has been a long time since I have seen the movie so I am not sure though. But I do love this movie.. even though it is a chick flick. No surprise though. French Kiss is just about my favorite movie of all time.

I think your right,
The aisle isn't a drop center.

I checked the IMCDB site and it had no listing

DF

I'll get my master parts book out tomorrow and see if there is anything that comes close

DF
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2007, 08:07:34 PM »

I see the Bus Nuts are in full Hunting outfits...... Grin Grin

I'm sure this creature will be captured fast!

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2007, 08:15:51 PM »

backing up the crown vote...check the roof vents

http://www.crownbus.com/crownbus/carson1.jpg
have to keep in mind, if this wasn't a schoolie, then the rear windows were not likely emergency escape windows thus size might not be the same as the schoolie.

Crown did have a small seated coach market particularly in the LA basin
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2007, 06:28:23 AM »

This is good!! Your right Nick, this hunting excursion will be successful.  Grin Grin It's amazing what little details some of you guys know about all these old bus's. Very cool to listen to.

Thanx guys!
    Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Charles Seaton

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2007, 06:42:03 AM »

The movie is hazy, but I do know that PD 4101 had the same rear windows as old lokk transits and suburbans.
Dallas

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2007, 08:29:27 AM »

Looking at the side shot of the bus from the rear, you can see a minimal bay door and you can also see the fuel door just in front of the drive axle, behind the bay door.

I have to admit that it sure looks to be a Crown intercity, and after reading the Crown history from the link that Doug put up, I believe it is one of the rare Intercity rear engine models.

Crown had a long history of trying different approaches to building buses, and that would fit right in with their vision.

Dallas

Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2007, 08:37:37 AM »

There are some full shots of the bus in the movie. I think both front and side if I remember right. I imagine that would help if you could see that (?).
 I'm not sure how i could post that, but maybe somebody could help.

Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/

Dallas

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2007, 08:42:04 AM »

Here's a shot of a Crown Intercity coach, not quite the same, but you can see the heritage in the lines.

The Artic I am also posting is a shot of a Kaiser 63 passenger bus. Not related to this discussion, but I had to show it since I was looking for shots of Crown Intercity coaches when I found it!

tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2007, 08:51:23 AM »

Crown Dallas posted is a Crown Super COach ( Three axle.)

Bus in the movie is a 35 foot two axle and not a super coach ( which had GM style side windows.)

However Crown built non schoolies based on the schoolie chassis.  I looked several times at the clip and might get around to renting the movie this week.......but I saw no evidence of rear engine doors...the door on the side looks tro be midship and would correspond with the mid engine cummins or DD arangement
Songman

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2007, 09:03:15 AM »

One site that I read on last night said that late model Crowns have the taillights on the outboard corners while older Crowns have them in the 'rear trunk doors'. That is how the movie bus looks to be in my opinion. Rear trunk doors would rule out rear engine doors.
Lee Bradley

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2007, 09:23:26 AM »

While this movie is not listed, this is a good site for these questions.

http://www.busesonscreen.net/
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2007, 09:36:44 AM »

I gotta wonder why they wouldn't have this movie on their site?? I would think that since the premise of the movie is that they met on a bus, and the fact that there is several shots of it, they would have it. Odd. But it makes for good trivia I guess.  Wink

Ok, now, where can I get that Kaiser??!??!??!  Grin Grin Grin Just kidding. But since that is my last name, it would be kinda cool.  Wink (I'd still like to have a '54 Kaiser Darrin or a '53 "Lady K", but right now, 10 vehicles is enough. I have to admit, there wasn't many good looking Kaiser VEHICLES made. )

The saga continues,
       Chaz

« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 09:40:58 AM by Chaz » Logged

beatsworkin

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2007, 10:51:25 AM »

I think it is a 1947 Beck.  It has a front mounted 6 cy International black diamond gas engine

Red
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2007, 11:35:19 AM »

I gotta wonder why they wouldn't have this movie on their site?? I would think that since the premise of the movie is that they met on a bus, and the fact that there is several shots of it, they would have it. Odd. But it makes for good trivia I guess.  Wink

The saga continues,
       Chaz

It's always nice to find a wierd little site like that - have to say though, I immediately looked up the film 'The Italian Job', which famously and dramatically features a Bedford VAL coach in the story, and that wasn't listed either

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: