Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 12:52:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: t'was the night before  (Read 4962 times)
cody

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2007, 04:23:51 PM »

And the good news is that we finally had some excitement this morning, my wife woke me up to say that the power was out so I got up to fire up the generator, not the problem lol. the power cord had shorted and was arcing against the metal of the bay floor, it was kind of pretty tho, lots of red and white sparks, sorta like a minature celebration.  Got that fixed and went in to have that much needed cup of coffee.  So far the day was going to be alright after all.  We checked the road and it was still glare ice but the snow has stopped and the plow crews are cleaning it up nicely and sanding/salting the blazes out of it.  This afternoon a bunch of snowmobilers pulled in and they are being kind of a pain in the neck, I sure hope I see their toys when we pull out in the morning, they seem to think that having their sleds scattered all over the place, which includes in from of our bus is ok.  We took a ride down the road to see what it looked like with the jeep, I think we can make southern Wisconsin in the morning, it'll be nice to see Jim C. and to be a little closer, I think the conestoga wagons made more miles than we are doing in a day, but this storm is according to the news stations here one of the nastiest they've seen in a while or at least since last winter, so we'll see what the morning brings but hopefully by afternoon we'll actually be south of the snow belt at last and running to the sun after a slight bypass to pick up a tub and some tanks for slow rider from bonragers .  No polar bears to report, but does a moose count? cody
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2007, 05:00:23 PM »

Cody,

Glad to hear you still sound cheerfully.  I've been reading your post to my girlfriend, Hyeyong.  Now, she asking, how is Cody....   We just want you to be safe and looking forward to meeting you in Arcadia, FLORIDA.  I hope you're taking photos.....

Keep inching South.... And keep smiling, your going to laugh about this, one day soon...... Grin

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2007, 08:31:30 PM »

I thought we had a tough day cuz I had to drive in snow and on snowpack for 2 hours this morning but it sounds like our day was a walk in the park compared to what you are putting up with.  Travel safe. 

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2007, 06:29:17 AM »

We are all thinking of you cody & LIbby, do this trip safe but ger"R" done soon, it is like worrying about your daughter going to the prom when thinking of you guys.  LOL.

Good Luck again, keep the reports coming daily if possible.

Gary

Gary
cody

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2007, 06:53:08 AM »

And the bad news is that the bus is warming up, I'm thawing a few frozen lines but we'll be rolling in a bit, looks like the run to the sun is once again underway. the parking lot plow guy opened the path for us this morning and all we have to do is fight our way about 8 miles to the highway and it'll be clear sailing down to southern Wisconsin, I'll take a few pics of the snow piles before we go but my laptop lunched on me so I'm at the mercy of other peoples pc's.  Dontcha just love vista? lol  It seems that it forgot it's a laptop, not sure what it remembers yet but being new it shouldn't have developed amnesia just yet, probably a minor fix that can be taken care of with a baseball bat or crowbar.  Hopefully, with a little luck, we'll be trading tall tales with Jim C this evening. One week of fulltiming done and more to come lol.  cody
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2007, 08:31:07 AM »

Well Cody glad to hear yer making progress! And do take yer time and stop to smell the roses er snowbanks....(just don't eat the yellow snow! LOL!) Ain't no sense in gett'n in a hurry after all ya gotta bus to catch er somethin'? LOL! Becareful and enjoy yer travels no matter how far fast or far ya go!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2007, 01:50:35 PM »

I just received a phone call from Cody.  They are north of Madison and, surprise, are in another snow storm.  They said the air got thick and the road started getting greasy so they decided to pull over for the night.  This storm is just supposed to be 2-4 inches so he thinks they will be on the road tomorrow.  His computer is not letting him get online but he does have cell phone coverage where they are.  They are doing fine, watching TV and relaxing and didn't want anyone to worry about them.  If we hear from them again we will keep you updated. 

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Dallas

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2007, 03:59:56 PM »

Great news,

I just got a call from Cody & Company.

They are now outside of Bloomington, Il. and hooked up to a real honest to goodness shore power connection! They even have cable TV. Woo-Hoo!

They have decided not to head west to Indiana and the pillaging of the RV Surplus Stores and so should be here sometime tomorrow.

Dallas
prevost82
82 Prevost 8V92ta 6 speed

82 Prevost Marathon XL

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2007, 06:14:41 PM »

Pictures please .... when Cody arrives
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2007, 05:13:37 PM »

We just talked with Cody and Libby.  They are about 90 miles away from us and will be here tomorrow.  They got into some freezing rain and we were having sleet so they decided to be safe and stop for the night.  I don't know about them but we are so excited about finally getting them here that we won't sleep much tonight.

NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2007, 06:00:35 AM »

That's great news, Cat.  We'll look forward to their first post from TN and hope Cody fills in the blanks in their Odyssey. Inquiring minds want to know!  Nah, we're just nosy.

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2007, 11:26:17 AM »

Well, it finally happened. We got to meet Cody and Libby.  They arrived an hour or so ago and we have had a super time starting to get acquainted with them as well as their two beautiful kitties.  I'm sure they will be posting soon but for now we wanted to let you know that they made it to Union City. 

Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2007, 11:35:33 AM »

I feel better now that the prom is over!  Relax a little now Cody and Libby, let us know when the next leg of your trip is starting, if they even mention snow, get out of Dodge!!

Safe Traveling my friend.

Gary

Gary
cody

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2007, 12:08:08 PM »

Life is good, we're sitting beside BK's garage and hooked up to real power, it's warm inside the bus, raining a little outside but it doesn't get any better lol.  Finally got to meet dallas, cat, and bk, real good people.  It's so nice to see green grass, no snow, did I mention no snow? lol  Took us a while to get here but now I can relax for a bit, libby is taking a nap and my laptop that had developed amnesia is working again, I'm thinking it might have something to do with the battery being dead, after I plugged it in it seemed to work much better, I'll have to try and remember that.  I'm going to relax bor a bit I'm finding myself still turning corners so got to get out of the driving mode, coffee sounds good right about now lol. more to come.
Slow Rider
Global Moderator

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2007, 01:13:21 PM »

Cody,

Glad you made it safe .  Rest up and get your butt back in the chat room.  Smiley

Frank

The MCI has landed..... We are home.
Dale City Va.  Just a southern suburb of DC
Yes I am a BUSNUT
1976 MCI MC8
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: