Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 01:36:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BIODIESEL Debunked  (Read 4329 times)
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2007, 01:41:12 PM »

The one thing that I have not yes seen discussed and that is the transportation of the used oil. What are the environmental regulations, state and federal, if any?

To transport used motor oil you must be licensed  in this state and the penalties for being caught transporting used oil is very severe. And if you in some way spill a little bit, it is even worse. I have heard a minimum of $10,000 fine.

I can well imagine a company that is licensed to pick up used oil, and gets paid to do it might get very upset if they see someone coming to their customer and picking up their load of oil. A simple phone call could get you in a bunch of trouble, very quick.
I really thing those of you planning on doing this should check out the regulations.

Also, here in WV you can only use your own waste oil, oil that you generate in the operation of your business, to run a waste oil furnace.

Richard
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 01:42:52 PM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
HB of CJ

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2007, 02:05:05 PM »

He he he.. gentleman..none of this makes any difference in the long run, because since the early 20th century when our wireless radio signals began seeping out into outer space, such signals have now  propagated well out over 30 parcecs and by now have received the much unwanted attention of the Draconian sensor buoys strung out along our spiral arm.  The Draconians are going to pay us a visit and it is not good.  Can I please have more wine now?  He he he.  Smiley Smiley Smiley  Just kidding!!!
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2007, 03:12:19 PM »

The one thing that I have not yes seen discussed and that is the transportation of the used oil. What are the environmental regulations, state and federal, if any?

To transport used motor oil you must be licensed  in this state and the penalties for being caught transporting used oil is very severe. And if you in some way spill a little bit, it is even worse. I have heard a minimum of $10,000 fine.

I can well imagine a company that is licensed to pick up used oil, and gets paid to do it might get very upset if they see someone coming to their customer and picking up their load of oil. A simple phone call could get you in a bunch of trouble, very quick.
I really thing those of you planning on doing this should check out the regulations.

Also, here in WV you can only use your own waste oil, oil that you generate in the operation of your business, to run a waste oil furnace.

Richard

Arghhh.. That is Dino OIL.. Veggie oil is a FOOD product and most likely does not fall under
that category. Except in Kalifornication.

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: