Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 18, 2014, 02:46:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cool Seal  (Read 1933 times)
rambunctious
MC82GO

Ignore
« on: May 28, 2006, 04:32:18 PM »

Hello!  My MC8 has sprung a water leak some where over the windshield.  As long as I'm fixing this, it seems like a good time to coat the roof.  I was thinking about using Cool Seal.  What kind of surface prep do I need to do.  The current paint job is fairly good, but it is cracking around some of the rivits and a few other spots.  It does need to be redone though.
Thanks
Curtis Ramsey

jlaney
prevost one

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 05:02:58 PM »

cool seal
i have used it on motorhome and bus, i will help with the heat and also after time it will look
moldy and rough. if that don't bother you it is a good product, about 25 30 dollars for 5 gallons.
thanks j.t.

j.t. laney  tyler texas 1980 prevost lemirage
Dallas

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 05:13:42 PM »

I used KoolSeal on my roof the first time and it did help with keeping the interior cooler.
The bad part was that I put the second coat on in the evening and when I got up the next morning, I had Zebra stripes running down the sides of the bus. The humidity had gotten to it even though it had been allowed about 4 hours of daylight to dry before dark.
The other problem, as JT said was that after a while it looks moldy and yuckey.
I've lately been looking at Liquid EPDM, or the same type of stuff that rubber roof is made out of.
It's kind of spendy, but looks like once on, you'll have a very longlasting roof top. On one web site they say you can even add colors to it to match the rest of the coach.
It seems like a good option to me at about $300/5gallons which will cover 280Sq ft.
KoolSeal around here is going for a bout $11/gallon.

Dallas
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 05:22:45 PM »

I have the ceramic dust mixed into the clear coat on top of the cool seal from these people.

http://www.hytechsales.com/prod2150.html

The clear coat does help keep it clean.  So far it looks ok and I ve only washed the bus once.  Even with parking it under trees.  If I ever do it again I would use their buskote and their clearkote.

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: