Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 27, 2014, 07:07:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anybody know where the coolant temp sensor is on a 8.2L detroit?  (Read 1076 times)
86neoplan

Ignore
« on: May 28, 2006, 01:03:58 PM »

I believe that my sender is bad on this engine. The gauge is pegged, and stays on the low end at all times.

On a detroit diesel 8.2L fuel pincher, where would the temp sensor be in a transit configuation? My books dont show it.

thanks

shawn

Proud single custodial dad to a wonderful 14 year old son, Owner of a 1986 Neoplan 26' transit Bus AN408, Great weekender...Lots of work to come on this bus, can't wait to get her done! 8.2L with a Allison AT545...
Sammy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 01:14:22 PM »

It's been a real long time since i wrenched on one of those, but try the basic locations.
I'd look around by the thermostat housing, or possibly mounted into one of the cylinder heads.
Usually would thread into either location.
Good luck.  Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: