Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 07:38:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stupid Laws  (Read 1137 times)
ulaff

Ignore
« on: December 08, 2007, 10:30:12 PM »

Got some bad new's for y'all who are in NC Friday Allstate told my brother in-law to mail cancellation notices for all of the RV policy's his office was carrying . As a fellow Bus nut he started making some calls and according to his higher up's the great state of NC is going to start requiring all rv's to have commercial ins.A quick check brings my policy from $190 a year to just over $2000 a year. anybody else hearing about this?If so I guess it's time to pick a new home base.
GM0406

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 11:14:58 PM »

Ulaff, 

If this is true it is time to start our own insurance company that will certainly do well.  How could the losses from RV accidents exceed insurance profits, which is the only reason one could think these guys would be afraid of risk?  With such high fuel costs, a lot of these coaches are just loafing and so the exposure of these companies is far less than it would be if fuel came back down to less than $1.00 per gallon.

If the problem is laws, law makers will have a huge mess on their hands if they start such a controversial bungling.

Anybody who has specific information on this should post it here so we can all work to stop it.  Bill Thomas 
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 04:28:35 AM »

Hi folks, I will check with my sources tomorrow, however I do not suspect that NC is going to do that. 
More than likely Allstate, (You're in bad hands with Allstate, LOL) simply wants to get out of the RV business here for awhile.  Insurance companies do this all of the time, go in and out of markets!
I suspect that your brother got an answer that just sounded good to apease him.
Jack from just upstream in Hickory!

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 05:00:21 AM »

Like Jack, I too will be checking with my NC carrier on Monday, Nationwide, and will try to verify what was stated here as fact...with all due respect I again agree with Jack that it's probably an Allstate thing. 

Allstate, State Farm and a few others canceled sooo many home owners policies a couple of years ago after the FL hurricanes simply for the reason that they didn't want to pay off if it happened again.

All is not as it seems....people will use every excuse to BS you into believing that 'it isn't our fault'...when it is.

Some weeks ago I was in a Wal-Mart store in our home town in NC and saw a sign at the checkout stating that "Anyone attempting to purchase cigarette products who is under the age of 40 shall show proper identification before purchase"...or something like that.  I thought it so ridiculous I asked the clerk what that was all about.  She told me, "It's a new NC Law."  I quietly told her she was a GD liar and left the store.

More when the insurance office opens on Monday.

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
ArtGill

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 05:08:54 AM »

Remember that North Carolina has an elected Insurance Commissioner who does respond to public concerns. So, report back and we can start a telephone and message campaign to the Dept of Insurance.

Art

Art & Cheryll Gill
Morehead City, NC
1989 Eagle Model 20 NJT, 6v92ta
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 07:47:32 AM »

I got carded a couple of weeks ago when buying a pack of cigars. According to the clerk, they card everybody. And believe me, I am a long way from 18 or 21 or whatever the legal age is.

Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Fred Mc

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 10:08:07 AM »

"I quietly told her she was a GD liar and left the store."

You don't suffer fools lightly, do you?

Good for you.

Fred Mc
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 03:09:02 PM »

As a matter of fact, Fred, at 72 I feel I've suffered all I need to....but thanks for asking. Grin

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: