Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 23, 2014, 01:30:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: re bus going down unlevel  (Read 2121 times)
jlaney
prevost one

Ignore
« on: May 28, 2006, 02:00:30 PM »

help
my prevost after setting ,the left side or driver side will be lower the next day. take a while to
go down. any help on adjustments. if i play my cards righr and stop on a slight incline it works

out better. air bags don't seem to have a leak. thanks j.t. laney

j.t. laney  tyler texas 1980 prevost lemirage
86neoplan

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 02:14:17 PM »

My neoplan seems to leak from the left rear air bag area, but not the bag itself.

I am hoping just a bad fitting... maybe you can get that lucky too.

I know my old GMC 6 wheeler, I installed shut off valves on the rear air suspenion, and when I got to where I was going, I closed them, and the coach stayed there for however long i was there.

the only downfall to those is you have to remember to turn them back for normal operation..

not too hard

shawn

Proud single custodial dad to a wonderful 14 year old son, Owner of a 1986 Neoplan 26' transit Bus AN408, Great weekender...Lots of work to come on this bus, can't wait to get her done! 8.2L with a Allison AT545...
jlaney
prevost one

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 02:20:25 PM »

thanks
on my old cruisrer i cut some short pieces of 3 inch pipe and before air could leak off i would
put them between the body and air supension. work ok but hard to remember to take them
out before driving off, they sure will bounch down the road later,  thanks j.t. laney

darrenayres

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 07:05:38 AM »

JT, are you sure its both bags settling? Your front left bag probably works off a totally different path than your left rear bag. Does your prevost have an automatic leveling system that fills both bags on a side at the same time? If so, maybe your problem is there. If not, you may have two areas that need looking at.

Darren
jlaney
prevost one

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 11:37:51 AM »

back to you
seem to be the drivers side, bag on bogy some one said you could set bus on a level site
and block the bus up level all the way around and loosen the leveling arms and readjust
them at that level. don't know if that would help . i will try to soap all conections again,
thanks j.t.

darrenayres

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 01:34:07 PM »

Do what you must to get under the coach then loosen the leveling arm (ride height control arm) and manually move it up and down to see of the valve is working. Mark the place it was previously set at so you can reset it there if necessary. If the valve is bad you'll want to reset the arm at about the same place.  Darren
darrenayres

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 01:40:58 PM »

I was thinking about the MCI's on my last post. I saw an early 80s prevost that had an access door where you see the leveling mechanism thru the side of the coach. I believe it was just in front of the rear tire wells. You may be able to loosen thru that door.  Darren
Sojourner

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 06:33:43 PM »

All air suspension bus is three point levelers.

MCI & Provost have one leveler on each side of rear dually to do both sides & rear leveling. But front has only one main leveler to control driving height only....which is connect to both L & R bags via tee in-line. Later version added second leveler to front just for kneeling which is also connect to both L & R bags.

It is one of the common posts about leaking air suspensions system.

Especially for ones who had all leveling valve repaired or replace, air line system, bags and air box repaired for leak.

Still claim it leak down after few hours or few days.

Why.....because whenever someone get on board or walk around inside of coach or windy day that rocking the coach will cause leveling valve to ask for more air in or bleed air out according to coach’s suspension leveler’s setting.

That is normal. Another word, system is not leaking but using reserve air from storage tank to maintain leveler’s setting. Until reserve air pressure below required air bag’s minimum to maintain leveler’s height. Eventually it will cause all suspension to bleed down.

Unless your coach is in shop to avoid wind rocking, no jacking up and no body step in and or walking around inside, you will have no needs of more air supply from storage tank except for air's temperature expansion & shrinkage in bags.

Another word, air pressure in storage tank is holding steady. Only plus or minus psi due to weather air temperature change.

Otherwise it need to hook up a live remote or permanent auxiliary air compressor or run bus engine to keep air pressure up.

PS...If you don't already have....Do yourself a favor, make a ramp with 2 x 8 planks on sides as shown in previous “ramp” post but use ˝ inch treaded rods. Now you be glad to inspect & repair if you are able to.

FWIW
Honor our soldier & veterans today & everyday
Sojourn for Christ, Jerry
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 02:17:13 AM by Sojourner » Logged
Danny

87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 09:55:40 PM »

Would the same basic setup be the same for an MCI 102A3?

Thanks
Danny

I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)
darrenayres

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 04:15:51 AM »

Hi Danny, Yes, it would be about the same. Are you having problems with your 102A3? I had a '88 model. Maybe I can help.  Darren
Busted

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 07:21:58 AM »

Very common problem. More than likely its the 3 position 5 way valve for that side. I replace them every 12 to 18 months. If you can find the rebuild kit its alot cheaper, $15 versus $120. Just a spindle with o rings. You'll never hear the thing leaking.
Good luck
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: