Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 30, 2014, 09:11:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which way does a bus engine turn  (Read 640 times)
Duallydude

Ignore
« on: December 10, 2007, 03:50:46 PM »

Ok a diesel mechanic Im not and this is the situation..In the last 30 days I have aquired 3 Eagle buses..a 1957,1985 and a 1986..Well the 85 runs great but the 86 doesnt have a engine..What type of 8v92 do I need to go in it?..I was told a over the road engine like in a KW or Pete turns one way and a bus engine turns the other..Is the a letter that goes behind the engine model to tell me if it turns left or right and which way does a bus engine turn..I have a good mechanic but I dont want to approach him and ask this and look like a fool
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 04:09:21 PM »

Your eagle is a t-drive and uses a right hand rotation engine and a truck engine will go into it just fine. The gmc and rts buses used a left hand rotation engine. They will not work in your eagle.

Hope this helps

Don
Duallydude

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 04:22:12 PM »

THANK YOU..Very much..I knew in the back of my mind that some engines went one way and others the other..I just wasnt sure which did what..Again thanks so much..See a old dog can learn new tricks
rcbishop

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 07:28:51 PM »

Mine always turned with the coach................ Grin Cool Roll Eyes Angry.

Sorry...couldn't resist .

RCB Undecided
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: