Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 17, 2014, 02:29:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which way does a bus engine turn  (Read 642 times)
Duallydude

Ignore
« on: December 10, 2007, 03:50:46 PM »

Ok a diesel mechanic Im not and this is the situation..In the last 30 days I have aquired 3 Eagle buses..a 1957,1985 and a 1986..Well the 85 runs great but the 86 doesnt have a engine..What type of 8v92 do I need to go in it?..I was told a over the road engine like in a KW or Pete turns one way and a bus engine turns the other..Is the a letter that goes behind the engine model to tell me if it turns left or right and which way does a bus engine turn..I have a good mechanic but I dont want to approach him and ask this and look like a fool
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 04:09:21 PM »

Your eagle is a t-drive and uses a right hand rotation engine and a truck engine will go into it just fine. The gmc and rts buses used a left hand rotation engine. They will not work in your eagle.

Hope this helps

Don
Duallydude

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 04:22:12 PM »

THANK YOU..Very much..I knew in the back of my mind that some engines went one way and others the other..I just wasnt sure which did what..Again thanks so much..See a old dog can learn new tricks
rcbishop

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 07:28:51 PM »

Mine always turned with the coach................ Grin Cool Roll Eyes Angry.

Sorry...couldn't resist .

RCB Undecided
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: