Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 07:31:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6V92 Oil pressure  (Read 1281 times)
YeomansEagle

Ignore
« on: December 13, 2007, 09:36:33 AM »

Need help
 I have an 85 Eagle Model 10 6V92 w/740 allison trans. I've had the Eagle for 4 years now. When I first got the bus the oil pressure ran about 15lbs @ Idle and 45 to 50 lbs @ hiway speeds. I run Rotella 40wt oil. I noticed last year my oil pressure increased to about 25 lbs @ idle and 65 to 70 lbs Hiway speed. This past sunday as I was driving Hiway speed I almost freaked out the oil pressure was abou 85 lbs. Anyone have any Idea. I'm going to change the oil & filters to see what happens and besides its time. I change it once a year I drive the bus about 6500 to 8500 miles per year. Also the first 3 years the engine was clean no noticable oil leaks but the last 6 months the engine has oil leaks.

Thanks
Yeomans Eagle

Who the Son sets free is free indeed.
Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 09:42:45 AM »

Do you have a gauge at the engine also? Do they match? You may want to put a gauge on the engine to ck presure, a mech not elect gauge. Some auto pumps have a presure relief, not sure about these but someone here will. Just a ball w/ spring over a oil port.  Goodluck  Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
makemineatwostroke

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 09:57:42 AM »

yeomans,like tom said check your gauge it should have 49 to 70 # at 1800 rpm probably your sending unit is acting up. they do have a relief its inside the oil pan mounted to block where does the engine leak can you tell most leaks on a 6v92 are the seal on the cam balancer
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 10:03:57 AM by makemineatwostroke » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: