Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 06:16:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6V92 Oil pressure  (Read 1276 times)
YeomansEagle

Ignore
« on: December 13, 2007, 09:36:33 AM »

Need help
 I have an 85 Eagle Model 10 6V92 w/740 allison trans. I've had the Eagle for 4 years now. When I first got the bus the oil pressure ran about 15lbs @ Idle and 45 to 50 lbs @ hiway speeds. I run Rotella 40wt oil. I noticed last year my oil pressure increased to about 25 lbs @ idle and 65 to 70 lbs Hiway speed. This past sunday as I was driving Hiway speed I almost freaked out the oil pressure was abou 85 lbs. Anyone have any Idea. I'm going to change the oil & filters to see what happens and besides its time. I change it once a year I drive the bus about 6500 to 8500 miles per year. Also the first 3 years the engine was clean no noticable oil leaks but the last 6 months the engine has oil leaks.

Thanks
Yeomans Eagle

Who the Son sets free is free indeed.
Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 09:42:45 AM »

Do you have a gauge at the engine also? Do they match? You may want to put a gauge on the engine to ck presure, a mech not elect gauge. Some auto pumps have a presure relief, not sure about these but someone here will. Just a ball w/ spring over a oil port.  Goodluck  Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
makemineatwostroke

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 09:57:42 AM »

yeomans,like tom said check your gauge it should have 49 to 70 # at 1800 rpm probably your sending unit is acting up. they do have a relief its inside the oil pan mounted to block where does the engine leak can you tell most leaks on a 6v92 are the seal on the cam balancer
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 10:03:57 AM by makemineatwostroke » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: