Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 30, 2014, 05:25:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Have higher fuel prices changed how you use your bus and How?  (Read 8312 times)
superpickle

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2008, 03:02:24 PM »

Fuel prices have gone down dramaticly, BUTT, Diesel is 36 cents higher than Anything Else.. WAHT ATOTAL RIP..  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.
Melbo

MC8 under construction

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2008, 06:42:17 PM »

Easy to explain

ULSD

gomment mandated

We all get just one vote.

Melbo

If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2008, 05:01:09 PM »

supply and demand.  More demand due to all the huge poplularity of the big diesel pickups and less supply due to the ULSD and an actual contraction in the amount of diesel refiing capacity.  I consider the reduction in capacity something the fuel companies did on purpose to raise prices.  It should cost less to make diesel fuel than it does gasoline.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2008, 06:54:24 PM »

Since stumbling across this site I don't get much work done, but alas, that's retirement. On to the subject at hand. I guess I'm just a little disapointed in that I haven't heard a single word about making the trip last longer by volunteering as a camphost along the way. We retired more than 10 years ago and have been fulltiming for the last 7. When our budget and fuel costs were closer in line, we traveled continuously. Now, we travel from campground to campground with a side trip here and there to remind the kids we're still kicking. Most campgrounds not only offer a full hookup site, but they even give you a little stipend for your trouble. It's a nice way to put fuel in the bus and feel appreciated. Just pick a climate you like and hit the road. Every state, county, BLM, or Forest Service use volunteers.

jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2008, 04:53:03 AM »

I have friends that do that every year in ND, they love it!
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
roadrunnertex

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2008, 08:40:12 AM »

Fuel cost today compared to when we first bought a PD4104 which was our 1st bus 20 years ago have increased from .50 per gallon to over $3.40 a gallon now.
Our buses were made to run on diesel that cost bus companies around .25 cents a gallon when they were doing over the road service 40 years ago.
I have a fuel bill for our trip to South Florida and back to East Texas that is close to $1300.00 for diesel.
We spent 2 nights in Walmart parking lots and our meals were what we brought with us.
So if you look at the cost for meals and the 2 over night stays in a motel and restaurants.
The 5 night stay at our daughter and son-in-laws house with 30 amp electrical was a free stay.
I would say the cost savings would be close to around $400.00 dollars give or take a few dollars.
So now we are looking at $900.00 in money we spent.
The bus trip was priceless for Fred Rayman who is a retired bus driver after 38 years of driving intercity coaches and my self.
You could have not asked for a better bus buddy and co driver than Fred Rayman we had a great trip.
Plus our daughter has a the household items and furniture that she wanted that we were storing for her in a spare bedroom our our house.
Would we do it again sure would. Grin
jlv

jlaney
prevost one

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2008, 07:29:40 PM »

hey jack
i did'nt like it when gas went up to 36 cents back in the 70's and sure don't like the 349.9 i saw today. i stay home alot now days and read about the funeral home rip offs. traditional is the phrase. cost about 7000 to 12000.
o death where is thou sting. its at the funeral home.  hank had it right. i'll never get out of this world alive  thanks jt..

j.t. laney  tyler texas 1980 prevost lemirage
circusboy90210
Chat Banned

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2008, 08:24:08 AM »

still cheaper the ever adjusted for inflation Compared to income Roll Eyes
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2008, 02:15:10 PM »

Just paid today $2.99 for Diesel here in Los Angeles.  Cheaper then last year.   Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2008, 07:09:01 PM »

Just paid $3.25 on the Central Oregon coast and crude is still falling despite the OPEC cutback Grin

circusboy90210
Chat Banned

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2008, 07:14:51 PM »

Iallnay lore hearing about 65 gallon gaS . I has alive and 8 years old but I remember going to the gas Station to get Air & Steal pop froM the machine. I Saw the prices what pumped the gas. Ircmenhcr slopping the puMp exacty& going over be even a penny. (well 29 times out of 30. bat I also remember dad had a good Job@he air port. in Miami FL pay was $5 hour. row same J0b pays $22 gas is only $7.75 even@ $4 that cheap
WEC4104

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2008, 08:53:26 PM »

still cheaper the ever adjusted for inflation Compared to income Roll Eyes

No, that is simply not true.  If you adjust gasoline prices to take into consideration inflation, we are no where near the cheapest point.  If you compensate for inflation and put everything in 2008 dollars, you could buy gasoline for under $2/gallon for about 18 straight years (1986 - 2004). When gasoline hits $1.40 a gallon you can make your comment again and be correct.

Those figures are for gasoline. For much of the last 50 years diesel fuel was cheaper than regular gas. Today that is not the case, so the difference is even more dramatic.

If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.
makemineatwostroke

« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2008, 09:03:09 PM »

Do you guys know that we export over 500 thousand barrels of fuel a month to Mexico that is over 2 million gals and is going to remain higher than gasoline for awhile    have a great evening
VAN

« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2008, 09:51:18 PM »

Hi jack ,I think I can honestly say that the price of fuel does not detere me from driving the bus,I'm using it now more than I have in the past 5 months Grin(now that it's purring again) Cool. Funny seems like diesel is the same price as when I got the bus (did I miss Some thing?)Lol Roll Eyes

ON THE ROAD AGAIN

VAN
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 10:01:28 PM by VAN » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: