Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 28, 2014, 07:23:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: removing sutrak. has anyone done this?  (Read 746 times)
86neoplan

Ignore
« on: May 29, 2006, 09:46:17 AM »

I was wondering how big of a hole I will have when (if) i remove the sutrak system off the coach. I am thinking it will only be a small hole, about 25" long by 8" wide.

How would I fill that in, and what would be good to use?

Shawn

Proud single custodial dad to a wonderful 14 year old son, Owner of a 1986 Neoplan 26' transit Bus AN408, Great weekender...Lots of work to come on this bus, can't wait to get her done! 8.2L with a Allison AT545...
86neoplan

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 06:18:11 PM »

well, I figure that there will be a small hole in the roof of the bus equal to the size stated above. I am sure that there is a LOT of weight on there, not counting the compressor.

Does everyone think it would be a good idea to remove it since the compressor is locked anyhow? May be cheaper in the long run to install a couple roof airs and a genset...

gotta crawl under this bus and see whats under there for room...

shawn

Proud single custodial dad to a wonderful 14 year old son, Owner of a 1986 Neoplan 26' transit Bus AN408, Great weekender...Lots of work to come on this bus, can't wait to get her done! 8.2L with a Allison AT545...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: