Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
June 20, 2018, 11:38:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Personal Message Outboxes...  (Read 1123 times)
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« on: December 21, 2007, 06:14:12 PM »

From time to time we all complain about the Board being slow or messages dropped in the Chat Room and I found something this evening that I wasn't aware of and I though I might give it a casual mention.

We send P(ersonal) M(essages) to each other from time to time and the box (send to my outbox) is automatically checked for us, I think.  I never gave a thought to my outbox...what the heck is that?

It seems that MAK and company have already considered that and have given us a record of all the PM's we've sent. Cripes!  I had messages in there that went all the way back to Dec. 2006...long since forgotten.

Perhaps the Moderators might jump in here on this...but I believe if we're carrying dead weight in our Out boxes that might also add weight to MAK's server. We might wish to take a look and delete all those old messages and save ourselves a lot of aggravation and MAK a buck or two for carrying all that dead weight.

FWIW...

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 06:51:32 PM »

Hi Bob,

You are correct. The out box is your sent messages and if you don't check that little box at the bottom, it is suppose to Not save that message.

But, there is something that is keeping it from doing that?? ?? I'll have to consult with Phil on that.

Thanks for bringing that up!

Happy Holidays
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 07:00:24 PM »

I save all of mine and I would hate to lose this function. Several times I have had to go back to review something that I had sent earlier. I believe the PM's are a very small percentage of the overall posts that are being saved for posterity.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 05:57:16 AM »

Is there any way to disable this function for an account? 

I would prefer if people contacted me via email, rather than PM. With PM, I have to log onto the board to respond because the sender's address is not included, and if I email it goes off to phil or some cyberspace hell hole. With email, it's automatic on my email, and so much more convenient.

craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
RJ
Angola Coach Conversion "Aesop's Tortoise"

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 10:34:06 AM »

Craig -

See the little envelope below the avatar pic of your bus?  If folk click on that, it will send the message to your email box, not the MAK mailbox.

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
S13406 1978 MC-5C Converted
6V71/MT-644
S14947 1980 MC-5C Shell
6V92/HT-740
Cheney WA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: