Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 24, 2014, 04:02:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4905 Shift Control Tower Lubrication?  (Read 912 times)
Rick Brown

Ignore
« on: May 29, 2006, 10:59:05 AM »

How does one lubricate the driver's shift control tower on a 4905?  Mine is all dried up and I see no obvious lubrication point.
Thanks for any comments.
-Rick Brown in Reno, NV
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 11:26:04 AM »

Rick,

I am at work so I dont have my manuals around.

But check these out as say "Home Work"

In the drivers tool compartment., there are two grease fittings mounted about in the middle near the top.

They have two little lines with grease fittings that lead in the direction of the shift tower.

Give them a little grease and see what happens! Grin

Cliff
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 02:57:06 PM by Floridacracker » Logged

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
NCbob

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 03:21:14 PM »

While we're on the subject, Cliff,  Grin I was in my left front compartment yesterday cleaning up some oil on the floor (can't imagine where it might have come from unless the previous owner decided to store a gallon or two of oil in the for traveling)  Angry..but I noticed that most of the tubing (I recall the Lincoln central lube system from some years ago where they used a plastic tubing with compression sleeves and fittings to go to the item needing lubrication) is broken or missing.  Undecided

My question is:  Where in Sam hill does one buy the tubing?  It looks like one quarter inch.  Roll Eyes

Make me happy  Cheesy m'friend and tell me where to get it.....Please?  Cool

NCbob
Rick Brown

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 07:31:42 PM »

I found'em.  Covered in a glob of grease that oozes out when you try to grease them.  Something else to fix.  Thanks for the info.
And for NCbob.  You should be able to buy that sort of stuff from your local hardware store.  McMaster-Carr (http://www.mcmaster.com/), the best hardware store in the world, has a big selection.
-Rick
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: