Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 20, 2014, 04:52:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bus movie sighting  (Read 3627 times)
NJT 5573

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2007, 04:45:11 PM »

Got to add, "Angels In The Outfield."

"Ammo Warrior" Keepers Of The Peace, Creators Of Destruction.
Gold is the money of Kings, Silver is the money of Gentlemen, Barter is the money of Peasants, Debt is the money of Slaves.

$1M in $1000 bills = 8 inches high.
$1B in $1000 bills = 800 feet high.
$1T in $1000 bills = 142 miles high
Dave Siegel

Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2007, 05:33:12 PM »

Everyone is talking about some other buses in movies, but no one from this board has laid claim that their bus was in a movie, until now. Our PD3751 was in "Race to Space" a Disney movie that was about astronauts and "Mak" the monkey they sent into space before the first astronaut went up.

Our bus was first hired for a standing still shot with people milling around the bus, but when the director saw our bus he had the writers rewrite the script for it to be a drive on for the bus with the congressmen getting off to see the space launch. What a treat for us. What a day that was.

They shot the bus at about 4pm and the setting sun off the siding was magnificent. (Biased opinion.)

That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Dave Siegel

P.S. See you at Jack's "Bussin 2008"

Dave & Jan Siegel    1948 GMC  "Silversides"
               Naples, Florida
   Dave is Host to the "Help Assist Pages"
  (Free roadside help for Bus Conversions)
         www.help-assist-list.com
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2007, 07:51:40 PM »

OK, When My Dad still had the Mack MV-620 it was in Sleepers Staring Robert Deniro Kevin Bacon Et al.

Beatenbo

1993 MCI 102 C3 Cat Power

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2007, 07:52:44 PM »

Just saw a cool Buffalo puling a trailer with Nick Cage in Ghost Rider.
Lee Bradley

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2007, 08:17:43 AM »

Not a movie but I spotted a Neoplan in the latest episode of 'The Amazing Race'.
gomer

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2007, 08:58:11 AM »

charlie,charlie,  that is when the roof has popped.  In other words it opens up when you pop it open.  LOL
GOMER Huh

as you slid down the banister of life,may the splnters point the other way
TRUST IN GOD ALWAYS. riverjordanmusic@aim.com
Gomer
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2007, 04:39:44 PM »

Walk Hard the Dewy Cox story.  4103 near the beginins and a Flx clipper several other times
Charles Seaton

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2008, 02:04:29 PM »

Whoa, Tekebird.

I had a 5106 and a 64 Flex Transit in a street scene for "Sleepers", but I believe they never went farther than the cutting floor.  "A League of Their Own" featured several scenes with my buddy's 4151. (35-foot Silversides).

-- Seaton
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2008, 06:22:31 PM »

In the Fugitive, one gets hit by a train, it is still on the track where they shot it at Dillsboro, NC.  You can see it if you take the train over to Bryson City.  I think it was a GMC transit.

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Runcutter

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2008, 07:35:17 AM »

The Brinks Job (I think that was the title), with Peter Falk, Peter Boyle, shot in 1978.  Two Brill C-36's, shot in East Boston.  I was driving one of them, but any scenes I was in didn't make it.  Gordon McLeod, old Eastern Mass St. Rwy driver drove the other one.  The one I drove was owned by a friend, but it had a bad water pump and kept overheating - including breaking down in the Sumner or Callahan tunnel on the way to East Boston - I had to be towed out on a short chain amidst clouds of smoke.

More trivia, they'd given me a 1950's haircut, and a couple of weeks later I started a management job with TANK, the Transit Authority of Northern Kentucky.  Fortunately, the haircut wasn't that bad, but a little more time to grow out would have been nice.

Arthur

Arthur Gaudet    Carrollton (Dallas area) Texas 
1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others
Charles Seaton

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2008, 12:43:07 PM »

Abbott and Costello's "Pardon My Sarong".  They play a pair o Chicago bus drivers who take their Yellow Coach old look way off route and end up in California.
bergdoll

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2008, 10:19:50 AM »

well, mine was "almost" used in Reno 911...they asked if they could use it in the background & said they'd even pay me!
they did shoot right out in front of our lot, in Acton, Ca. 'robin's nest RV park'. i love those crazy guys!?!
still haven't watched that episode(s) yet...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 10:22:23 AM by bergdoll » Logged

1982 Prevost Champion/Marathon under construction...
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2008, 10:47:17 AM »

Earlier today I saw a breif advert for a 'forthcoming movie' at the end of a film review programme - it was one of those things where they make up a very quick trailer for the movie using breif flashes of lots of different scenes. Well, I've no idea what movie it was, but one of those brief flashes showed a Routemaster bus doing a barrel roll!

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2008, 07:31:24 PM »

two 4107's "We Are Marshall"
Dallas

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2008, 12:57:43 PM »

At the beginning of the Movie "Windtalkers" with Nicholas Cage, the Navajo boy is picked up by a Greyhound and taken to bootcamp.

Anyone know what kind of bus that is?

TIA
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: