Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 24, 2014, 12:20:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Electric stoves - any 110 volt models in white?  (Read 8051 times)
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 07:33:17 AM »

Hey Jim,
  Just curious as to what brand you bought? I run the same inverter as you, and since Tom said his didn't work on his inverter, I would want to make sure I get one that does. I just want an individual burner or two. The stove would be a waste for me.
  I too LOVE this kind of technology!!
    Thanx.
       Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
HB of CJ

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 03:29:32 PM »

belfert...I bought a two (2) element (burner) white portable cooktop from Bimart for about $25.00.  110 volt ac, 60 htz.  Plugs into a standard wall plug.  I have not tested it for amp draw.  Mine is like the "fifth burner" electric elements, but has two instead of one.  It does have a short 3 foot cord with about 14 gage wire.  Best guess between 1500 and 2000 watts both on high.  They do glow at max.  The 30 amp circuit breaker employed in my old apartment does not get warm.  The thing works great. $Cheaper$ than propane.

Wondering if the induction type cook tops would affect/effect other sensitive electronics like cell phones, ham gear, computers, stereos, heart pace makers (auuughhhhh!...thud!) and other stuff.  They do produce a intense, local magnetic field.  They have twos to work.  Also would they work using aluminumiummm cook where/wear/ware?  No iron.  Also would they work with expensive stainless steel chef quality stuff?  Dunno.  May, may not.  Best quess it would with SS.  Keeping the heat out of the coach would be sooos...cool.  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: