Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 24, 2014, 10:50:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duel Tanks  (Read 2282 times)
captain ron

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2007, 02:01:43 PM »

Bill, Sounds like your system is just too feeble or unreliable. I want something that will work regardless of installation.
I think Golden Fuel has a high flow one but not sure if it's big enough for the demands of a thirsty Detroit. If I could find something that was used on a semi duel tank system then I would feel better about it.
Niles thanks for the lead I'll check it out.
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2007, 02:13:08 PM »

Try these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pollak-Fuel-Tank-Valve-Selector-SVO-TDI-WVO-Biodiesel-6_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33556QQihZ019QQitemZ290192440480QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FUEL-TANK-VALVE-SELECTOR-SVO-TDI-WVO-BIODIESEL-DIESEL_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33556QQihZ010QQitemZ200185476804QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
sivrtnge2

1994 EAGLE 10/45 CAULDWELL CONVERSION

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2007, 04:11:21 PM »

Hey Charlie,
I just gave you the information that is on a 2001 KW900L. It is specs from the manufacturer. Nothing is needed as for as I know, other than the fuel pump for pumping fuel and the splitter valve for equalizing the fuel to the tanks. Any truck system will be the same if it is a "dual feed dual return system" The govt. banned the cross over lines at the bottom of the truck in the late 80s or early 90s.

As for as the lines are concerned, with this type of system, common sense would tell you that if the lines are not ran exactly the same. One tank is going to out fill the other. I had a line collapse on me so I replaced them both and was told I could do it myself. Just make sure you run one line the same way you run the other!!!
--
BILL
captain ron

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2007, 04:27:18 PM »

Bill, I'm not sure but I think we're on different wave lengths here. I think the system you are talking about draws fuel from both tanks at the same time keeping them equal. The usage I need is to draw from and return to different tanks holding different fuels and returning the proper fuel to the proper tank. Correct me if I'm wrong
sivrtnge2

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2007, 08:12:39 PM »

Hey Charley,
You are probably right. (YOU DID SAY YOU WERE LOOKING FOR THE KIND ON SEMIS...RIGHT Huh) All I know is I've been into trucking for 15 years now...and all I have seen is the fuel system with the crossover line at the bottom. The govt banned that system on trucks built after a certain date (I think the late 80s or early 90s). They went to the "dual feed dual return" system which is simply the fuel pump pumping fuel up to a tee valve from both tanks...going through the filter system to the engine and then returning it to an "equalizing splitter valve" and back to the tank. I do know that on some Freightliners and Peterbilts (I think), they have a couple of handles underneath the driver side door that are used to close a valve in the line. One go to the passenger side, the other for the driver side tank.

I looked at the Item mentioned on Ebay, If they used those on semis...I have never s Shocked n one  Grin!!!
--
BILL
captain ron

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2007, 08:31:20 PM »

Bill at first I thought that semi's switched from one tank to the other but I see I was wrong. The item that Niles linked to on E-Bay is the type of valve I need but not sure if it will flow enough fuel.
sivrtnge2

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2007, 08:51:01 PM »

I can check the psi of a Detroit...what engine are you talkins about??? One of the guys was saying something about a1 gallon accumulator tank. I would think that at 60psi. It should be sufficient. It did read high volume!!!
--
BILL
captain ron

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2007, 09:10:12 PM »

I have a 8V92 DDEC  I'm not using an acumulator tank it's not needed. The fuel pump will do its job.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2007, 04:24:30 AM »

Our 8V71 carries about 65-70 PSI at cruise RPM. About 15-20 at idle (per electric fuel pressure gauge  in dash & confirmed by mechanical fuel presure gauge in engine compartment).  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Tony LEE

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2007, 08:21:35 PM »

One thing to remember is that if you do switch over to an empty tank, you are then going to have to re-prime the engine. Difficult enough in a simple system but maybe even more of a problem with a dual system.

larryh
4905A-893 P8M

ready to run with the big dogs

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2007, 04:51:06 AM »

Charley go to wrecking yard and get it off a Ford Diesel pickup it's mounted on frame under drivers position and get dash switch also it's what you need

LarryH

Savvy ponderable:
A cowboy's only afraid of two things:
havin' ta walk,
and the love of a good woman.
"This posting was generated using an environmentally friendly, self contained flatulence generator, therefore no fossils or neutrons were harmed in the creation of this posting.

Quartzsite,
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: