Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 08:56:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What an awesome feeling, having hauled the US National Cheerleading Champions!  (Read 1283 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« on: December 30, 2007, 08:20:47 AM »

Wow, I got back home about 3 AM from Dallas, TX where the group of young lady's I hauled down there accomplished an awesome feat! They beat ALL the other chearleading teams, that were in Dallas this week for the US National Cheerleading Championship! Wow, I am still amazed at the talent and professionalism these girls showed. OK now there are several other factors that make this so amazing! First off they are ELEMENTARY SCHOOL STUDENTS from first thru sixth grade! It was the first time they or the school had been invited to the NATIONALS! They are from a little bity PODUNK town 30 mins north of Union City, called MAYFIELD, KY (or as I heard one of the girls tell whoever was on the other end of her cell phone "See you back in MAYBERRY!" LOL!) I am still amazed and excited for these young ladys, after all it's not everyday a group that young wins the National Championship (not just their age group, but THE NATIONAL CHAMPSIONS!) out of over 7,000 cheerleaders that competed for this! 7000! The trophy they won was over 5 feet tall which is taller than any of them and their head coach! Plus they all got some cool jackets that say NCA National Champion on the back, and their school name on the right front & the ir name on the left front! Most of these girls had never even been to any place at all like Dallas! They thought Nashville was huge!  LOL! Wow, they may not have been the partying college age cheerleaders that I have hauled in the past, but they sure made me feel great just to be the one to get them to Dallas and home safely for this awesome event!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 03:27:07 PM »

That is so cool.  Small town girls do good.  They should be very proud of that accomplishment.  Bet they put a sign up on the highway soon proclaiming the town home of champs.  If not they should!!

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
compedgemarine

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 07:25:28 AM »

Thats a pretty amazing accomplishment. I watch the finals of the nationals for the high school gals a few years back and when they tossed the one girl in the air she let her elbow out as she came down and hit one of the gals catching her and knocked out two teeth. the girl never missed a beat even with blood started to drip from her mouth. that really impressed me with the dedication and conditioning it takes to perform at that level. If they are that good now they will surely be a force to reckon with in the coming years.
HB of CJ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 01:16:22 PM »

Makes me feel good of the fact that our younger generation DOES have it together.  Perhaps I am just getting old.  Thank you for sharing.  Happy New Year!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 04:08:12 PM »

you da man B, nice to here there are young people comming up with some go get it. Now when you gona have another get together. I may be back there some time in late feb early march.

Don
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 03:30:25 PM »

you da man B, nice to here there are young people comming up with some go get it. Now when you gona have another get together. I may be back there some time in late feb early march.

Don

Well we might just have to throw something together late Feb or early March! Let us know and we'll wee how things are looking weather wise. Also still planning on the Fall Bash.
I know some others who maybe coming thru around March so we might can make it sorta an unofficial non-rally type getogether. I'll keep my eyes and ears open.
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: