Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 11:18:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus stripping done! Yeah!  (Read 1031 times)
belfert

« on: May 30, 2006, 06:19:58 PM »

Well, almost.  I now have the interior of my bus stripped out and cleaned except the very back above the engine where the evaporator was.

I already started laying tape on the floor for the floor plan last night.  I was hoping to be at this stage a week or two earlier, but life has intervened.

My original hope was to have air conditioning and generator power for a July 4th trip.  It doesn't look like this will happen since the bus still needs a week at C&J Bus Repair.  There really isn't any point in spending $800 to drive the bus to Texas if I don't have any air conditioning for camping.  I also don't have any road air so that would be a miserable trip.

Brian Elfert
86neoplan

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 07:08:40 PM »

Brian,

Isn't great just to see plain old floor? I love that feeling, and knowing that it can now progress is a even better feeling. I look at it like this, I got plenty of time...I'm gonna do it right.

I too have no AC, the sutrak unit dont work, but the fans do on it, so it just blows the heat around...

I would like to have roof ac set up, and go from there, with either a invertor or a genset.

good luck!

You can see my progress by clicking http://www.pittsburghtransit.com/lilneo.html

shawn

Proud single custodial dad to a wonderful 14 year old son, Owner of a 1986 Neoplan 26' transit Bus AN408, Great weekender...Lots of work to come on this bus, can't wait to get her done! 8.2L with a Allison AT545...
Danny

87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 09:52:51 PM »

Hey - Hey,

I am about at the same stage of completion.  Congrats Grin   It's nice to be able to walk from front to back without stepping over stuff or not hitting you head over the racks Cheesy

Danny

I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 11:39:38 PM »

Hey Brian yer making progress and that means more than being a little behind! Relax take yer time to do it right and do it yer way! And as far as going to Texas with out A/C no way not unless you just love being cruel and punishing to yourself!  Cheesy Grin BK

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: