Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 20, 2014, 11:11:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Air steps  (Read 717 times)
Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« on: January 03, 2008, 07:09:52 PM »

I am looking to put a step on my bus. I have an electric step with a bad control and a little banged up. Also a MCI air step banged up also. Do any of you guys have an air step? Mine is air presure out and air pres in, no spring. If the air bleeds off is the step still solid or does it get shaky? Thanks Tom Y 

Tom Yaegle
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 07:22:52 PM »

tom,
i have an air step that comes out when the switch is in the out position and the bus is in idle.  stop the engine and the step goes in, put it in gear and the step goes in, turn the switch back off and the step goes in.

when the bus is off and air down, the step gradually comes out and stays good enough to us.  when i get time (yeah, right) i'm going to reverse it's use and make it go out when the switch is on and bus not in gear.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 07:37:38 PM »

Hi Tom,

When my bus airs down, the step comes out and it is sturdy enough that it won't move at all when stepped on.

While the bus is running, the step retracts when the door closes or when put into gear.

Hope this helps
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
makemineatwostroke

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 06:17:37 AM »

Tom,from reading the posts about air steps it looks like they are all different in operation mine works off the parking brake with a cylinder that looks like a brake pod mounted on the chassis with a short linkage to the step no springs has a switch to keep from going out if you choose ( parking brake on step is out )( brake off step in)  and it is always stays sturdy with no air pressure  made by a aircraft co in Chicago FWIW  (model 15 Eagle)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 06:36:08 AM by makemineatwostroke » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: