Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 11:58:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Calculations for selecting proper Hubometer by tire RPM's  (Read 1949 times)
NCbob

« on: May 31, 2006, 05:34:47 AM »

No doubt this question has been broached in the past but searches haven't uncovered the answer.

With 12-22.5 tires how many revolutions would my tires need to make to clock 1 mile?

I'm not looking for MPH, just recorded miles.  I'm trying to find a Hubometer on E*** and so far they mostly list them by tire RPM's.

NCbob
belfert

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 07:02:19 AM »

Stenco lists Hubodometers by tire model in the catalog on their web site.  I can't recall if the catalog lists the RPMs for each tire or just the required model number.

Brian Elfert
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 07:14:03 AM »

Depending of tire make and model, could be anywhere from 484 to 492 rpm.  We need your exact drive tire model then can look it up.  Or it's easy just to go to google for your tire company.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
NCbob

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 03:03:04 PM »

Tom, shouldn't the size that I posted tell you what the RPM's of the tire are?  There must be some leeway somewhere...I'd think.

NCbob
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 06:55:49 AM »

Bob- the range I gave you was looking through the Michelin book.  It all depends on the tire model since highway steering tires will have less tread thickness than drive tires which changes the overall diameter hence the rpm.  For instance, Bridgestone makes a drive tire with 32/32" (or one inch) thick tread for longer lived tire. A steer tire may be 26/32" or so.  If you give me your tire make and model of the tire, I can see if I can look up the exact rpm.  Course that will be for a new tire, as it gets worn, the tire will turn faster.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
NCbob

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 04:18:03 PM »

I Called Michelin and found out that my tires rotate 490 times per mile.  Thanks for the help!

NCbob
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: