Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 12:00:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Electric Instant Hot Water Heater  (Read 3530 times)
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2008, 04:59:58 PM »

This subject has come up several times in the past. . .so you might do a search for tankless water heater on this site to read some of the older posts. 

I've mentioned in the past (hate to keep repeating my old boring posts), about some small, tankless, non-vented propane units available on Ebay.  I put an Excel in my office, where we mostly wash hands and maybe coffee cups and occasionally a bath for the grandbaby, and we've checked it with out combustion analyzer to find that it really doesn't put out measurable carbon monoxide.  I have a c/o detector mounted on the same wall, about 8' away from the unit and no matter how long it's run, the c/o detector has never sounded.

I recently ordered one for BigBus, but of course, it'll be awhile before I can testify to whether it will work as well as I think it will.  I think I paid about $255 or so for it, so it was a pretty good price.  The first one I bought was about 1/2 that, but I guess they're selling good enough that the minimums are higher now. 

The precision temp is nice, we just didn't want a big hole/grill on the side of the bus if we could help it. . it's bad enough the a/c units have to have big grills, ha ha.  Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2008, 08:48:57 PM »

If it wasn't for having to cut a big hole in the side of the bus, I would definitely go with the RV500. But I'm giving the electric set up a whole lot more consideration for just that reason. It almost seems sacriligious to cut out all that stainless. Just not sure I have the heart to do it. The installation manual is calling for an opening in the neighborhood of 18 X18. I have a squirrel cage set up through the floor of the generator compartment so I don't have a vent grill in the bay door. It comes on when the jenny runs and works great.
Even my two LP furnaces are vented through the floor instead of the side wall. What can I say?

Rick Brown

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2008, 08:30:35 AM »

No purge.  My water lines are too short to make it worth while.  Usually I just 'purge' into the dog's water dish or something similar.
-Rick
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: