Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 20, 2014, 05:45:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you tell your wife you bought ANOTHER bus  (Read 3114 times)
randsgmc5302

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2008, 06:14:02 PM »

I am the wife and my husband doesn't tell me he just hides it in between all the other ones!!!!!! Angry

gomer

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2008, 06:30:17 PM »

well now MY story!!
my first bus [4905] was an intentual purchase which I still have. My cousin in south carolina developed Lupis[?] and thyroid problems and he finished a 57 gm 4104 and couldn't see to drive anymore and I got it here now[FOR SALE TOO]  and then the kicker... I went by a tow company and saw a 78 MCI-8 on the lot and 2 weeks later it was still there and curosity got me and stopped and ask about it and it was said the tranny was bad.  They got the title and called me about giving them an offer and I stopped and checked it out and offered them Huh?  and they called me the next day and said BRING THE MONEY.  Well, I called the wife and told her that I stuck my foot in my  Huh  MOUTH and explained what happened.  she went quite for a minute and said "HOW MUCH"    I told her again what happened and believe it or not she laughed and said "when will you learn to keep you mouth shut??  I got the money and stopped by a nut and bolt shop and bought 12- 3/8 nuts and bolts and went with my friend and put the driveshaft in and drove it home  and replaced the driveshaft and I am COOL and she even likes it too,  SO I am going to sell her too,  the MCI  LOL. Grin Grin

GOMER

as you slid down the banister of life,may the splnters point the other way
TRUST IN GOD ALWAYS. riverjordanmusic@aim.com
Gomer
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2008, 08:49:14 PM »

"But Honey, I did go to buy an oxy-acetlyne torch. This is the awesome torch cart that came with it!!"

Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Tenor

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2008, 08:10:42 AM »

JOK,
I was at the auction you bought your genset at the day before.  You got a great deal!

Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
www.threemenandatenor.com
1968 MCI 7 Ser. No. 7476 Unit No. 10056
8v71
4 speed Spicer
jok

Its a bus thing...Im glad were on board!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2008, 09:45:34 PM »

Hi Glenn,

I met you at the Halloween Rally.

I was real happy with my purchase. I still have a lot of work to do on the exterior and interior. I had my neighbor work on the mechanical side of things. His dad does MDOT inspections. He said after I replace the drivers windshield and replace some bulbs it would easily pass. It starts great in the cold and is quieter than my Prevost. Last week I drained the fuel tank and started pulling it out to repair a leak. But I got side tracked and started doing some work on the Prevost. I finished mounting a toolbox on slides in one of the bays tonight.

How is your bus doing?

John

1990 Prevost
1977 MC8-Sold
Southwest Michigan
Tenor

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2008, 05:48:59 AM »

JOK,
It's coming along nicely.  Spray foam is done, luon walls/ceiling are done.  Now I'm moving on to walls once I am absolutly sure that my toilet/black tank are planned properly.  I plan to have it useable by spring with plumbing, electrical (except for genset and inverter) propane systems up and running.  Cabinets should be in as well as all major appliances.  Got a lot of work ahead!

Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
8v71
4 speed Spicer
HB of CJ

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2008, 02:43:44 PM »

MCI 7's are soosss cool.  Would make a great somewhat smaller coach conversion.  Maybe when she kicks you out, you can take your stuff in your new toy with you.  At least you can sleep in the back.  Smiley Smiley Smiley
jok

Its a bus thing...Im glad were on board!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2008, 06:16:48 PM »

Glenn,
Sounds like your moving right along. I have a hard time getting motivated to go out into the cold barn in our Michigan winters. I spent a little time tonight trying to figure out how to relocate the Bigfoot jacks I had the factory install. The front jacks are too low and bottom out on a regular basis. Not my best investment.

John

1990 Prevost
1977 MC8-Sold
Southwest Michigan
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2008, 06:39:54 PM »

You've only got two???  Grin Just two???  Cheesy what a wus.  Wink  Christy Hicks
You got that right!

My story:

On eBay with a BUY IT NOW.

I couldn't resist & clicked on the button. Even tho I was told that they were so rare that I'd probably never see another one.

I got there to pick it up & worked out a deal where he included a second PD4501 FREE.

So, that's how I got bus#1 & bus#2  On sale "BUY ONE GET ONE FREE"

Bus#3 was offered as "the right price - you move", so it was a no brainer for me & Nancy agreed that I didn't have any brains when it came to buses. It did help that it was Hoyt Axton's 'Rosie' so we now own a celebrity bus!

Bus#4 was one of those things that never happen to me. A friend lost his parking spot at the storage lot & couldn't find a storage lot to accept a non-running bus. So I did what only a friend would do, I accepeted his offer & took ownership of yet another non-running bus.
Nancy is on the verge of giving up. Either that or she has found a good Lawyer.  Shocked

The hauler said that if I keep it up, in 3 or 4 more buses, I'll have a nice bus  Grin

Oh, they are all PD4501's, So much for never seeing another one . . . . Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2008, 06:44:18 PM »

Now my Wonderful wife has never complained about my ONE bus.

But if I ever get another, I will just say

"At least I am not like KYLE, with FOUR!"

Thanks Kyle (in advance)

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Tenor

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2008, 07:46:47 PM »

Kyle,
I know a guy here in Michigan who owns 3.  I've seen 2.  One he uses for mobile DJ with '50's music only spun on 45 rpm.  It's in fair condition.  The other one is in his barn and still says Greyhound and is seated.  Looked really clean, but I have no idea on mechanicals.  The other is a parts bus in Ohio.  You may have the largest personal (non commercial) fleet of 4501's in the country!

Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
8v71
4 speed Spicer
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2008, 08:13:59 PM »

Yeah, I've seen pictures of Ron's DJ bus. I think he sold the Ohio bus tho . . .

BTW, I'm lookin for bus#5  Grin

Cliff, I can't believe how selfish you are! Only one bus? You should be ashamed! I love my family enough to get one for each member! I guess you don't think as much of your family!  Grin  Shocked  Cool

We'll not discuss how much time we've actually spent as a family traveling in the bus. But It ain't my fault that state law doesn't allow passangers in a bus while it's being moved on a landoll.  Tongue    Stupid legislators  Angry

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2008, 05:13:37 AM »

Oh, the possibilities!  Take two buses on your trips, park side by side with interlocking awnings.  Perhaps slideouts with automatic docking to connect the buses together.  A 24 foot wide camper, fantastic.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: