Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 30, 2014, 03:11:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8V71/H740 Jake Switch part number needed  (Read 702 times)
TexasBorderDude
Founder - Texas Curmudgeon Society

Nothing simple is ever easy...

Ignore
« on: January 11, 2008, 06:23:30 AM »

I have a '78 Eagle 05 with an inoperable fast idle/jake brake switch... I've repaired the pin and microswitch cam assy, but still won't work.  I'm told there's no need for the fast idle and just to replace this with a simple switch activated by the gov buffer.  Have gone online to all the Jake brake installation and maintenance for the 71/92 series jakes on www.jakebrake.com and have been to the Detroit Diesel shop in Tampa, and can not find anything about the simple switch I've seen mounted on other busses.  Anyone got a part number?

Thanks

dg

A curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities. They're just as sensitive and soft-hearted as the next guy, but they hide their vulnerability beneath a crust of misanthropy.
Sammy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 01:22:28 PM »

Can you post a pic of what you have?
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 02:10:43 PM »

I have (4) four new ones in stock. If you are not using the high idle to build air in the morning or running the bus air don't spend the money for the high idle unit, they are over $500.00 ea. The others are a lot less. fob Bakersfield

888-473-3626

Don
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: