Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 21, 2014, 10:59:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody make custom windows with 4" radius corners?  (Read 1452 times)
belfert

« on: May 31, 2006, 01:24:59 PM »

I found out the windows on my bus are 4.675" radius.  Does anybody make windows with 4" radius corners?  Storm-Tite and Peninsula are 3" corner radius only.  Hehr made the windows for my Dina bus, but the 4" radius ones only come in transit/bus windows for $1300 each.

I may just end up reframing the windows slightly smaller for 3" radius.

Brioan Elfert
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 05:23:06 AM »

That's one reason most converters who want to install new windows skin over the whole side and then cut new window openings to fit the windows.

I knew Storm-Tite wouldn't match the original radius, but I thought Penninsula could.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
belfert

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 06:08:48 AM »

I've pretty much decided to reframe for different windows and then skin over the existing window holes.  This is way less expensive than buying windows from Hehr.

Peninsula does make replacement windows for MC-9s, but they reuse the original frames and they seem to be a pain to install from some postings on BNO.

I really would like to have my driver's side window replaced, but it also seems to have 4" radius corners even though Hehr did not make that window.  I don't want to reframe and skin that area.

Brian Elfert
phil4501

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 06:09:58 AM »

CR Laurence, but again, no dual glaze. Sticks and staples grade, but they do make them. Maybe just for the drivers window?
belfert

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 06:28:10 AM »

CR Laurence, but again, no dual glaze. Sticks and staples grade, but they do make them. Maybe just for the drivers window?

I'll have to call CRL again.  I'm pretty sure the driver's window is single pane.  The problem with the driver's window is the large slider does not close all the way along the front edge so there is a ton of road noise.  I and several other people have looked at the problem and can't figure out why it is not closing all the way.  I'll probably take it to a glass shop before I spend money on a new one.

Brian Elfert
phil4501

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 06:36:17 AM »

Brian, Call me at work,714-842-2526 if you have any trouble with CRL not giving quotes or stuff like that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: