Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
May 24, 2018, 04:38:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems stripping your bus?  (Read 4200 times)
scanzel

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2008, 06:37:32 AM »

My bus is a 89 Prevost. I find it amazing how these things are put together. The fiberglass bathroom was a challenge. Used the sawzall a lot. The overhead racks were also a challenge, one side took awhile to figure out how they were mounted then I dropped the whole rack to the floor, they are very heavy. The opposite side went faster. Seats were sold before I picked up the bus so didn't have to deal with those. This weekend I removed the rear fiberglass cap, that was quite an undertaking, a lot of rivits. Starting to trace back all the wiring so it can be disconnected. This is a pain because the harness is all taped together. My next challenge will be removing the flooring, installing the new rear cap and since the rear cap is off bringing in the new shower stall while I have a large opening to get it through.

Steve Canzellarini
Berlin, CT
1989 Prevost XL
Beatenbo

1993 MCI 102 C3 Cat Power

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2008, 06:00:24 PM »

You would be surprised at what happens when you go to a pawn shop and buy a circular saw for 10-15
bucks and attack those aluminum package racks and how easy they go out a window. Throw that pawn shop saw in the dumpster in about 2 days. PS I cut all the holes in the bay floor for my Gen before trashing. Be sure and wear your safety glasses
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: