Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 11:27:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: using bus engine radiator for generator cooling  (Read 2032 times)
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2008, 02:18:33 PM »

Again, thanks Richard!  Always best to hear from one with experience.  So I do see makemineatwostroke that if a main radiator hose went, you could be toast for electrical unless a shutoff is put on the bus, which could backfire if not used properly. Definitely food for thought!

I guess there is always something that could go wrong, but if you are going to worry about any thing that could happen then you would probably be best off just staying home. If the old lady can not take it for a couple of hours till I run to the nearest auto supply house, then maybe she should just stay home. LOL

In all seriousness, I replaced all the radiator hoses, soon after I got the bus and never had a problem in over 150,000 miles and 15 years with water leaks, so do not sweat the small stuff.

Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: