Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 22, 2014, 03:51:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1968 Eagle for sale in Colorado  (Read 2890 times)
blue_goose

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 03:08:02 PM »

I didn't want to get into this but was forced to do so. 
I have a 1968 Eagle that is #7600.  I have owned it for 21 years and have put 172,000 miles on the Coach.  That is more than most ten of you have put on your buses.  I took mine to the core before it was converted and replaced all the bad steel.  I have had 3 engines in it during this time and it has been on some of the worest rodes in this country, Mexico and Canada.  I drive lots of other buses, they all rust when they get old.
If I were going to convert another one it would still be a Eagle.  That should say enough.
Jack

Data used in this document is made from 100% recycled electrons and magnetic particles. No electrons were harmed in the creation of this document.
pete81eaglefanasty

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2008, 04:13:27 PM »

I'm just saying that every time an Eagle comes up you start slamming them immediately, you must have your panties in a wad and your shorts hiked up, you sure do get upset when an Eagle person asks a question, you bring up the rust issue.

I want to know how you get all your knowledge about buses when your 38 years old and you've been doing buses for 30 years.  When someone is buying an MCI or other buses you never seem to jump in about the rust, you just cut down the Eagles, I'm not saying anything bad about MCI's, or any other brands, yes we all have rust issues.
I'm just making a point.  I respect people who own all kinds of buses, that's their freedom of choice.

This is my last post on this subject lets all sit around the campfire, roast marshmallows and talk about other issues.

Pete
             FANTASY

WHAT EVER YOU DO, OR TO WHO YOU DO IT TOO, DO IT WITH A SMILE, IT MAKES IT LEGAL THAT WAY.
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2008, 05:20:09 PM »

I don;t think I come accross as being angry or upset when Eagles or discussed.......seems like a defensive knee jerk reaction from the mother of an ugly baby....LOL and lets be honest...there are some ugly babies out there...and I am sure they are wonderful people and their mothers love them to no end.......but they are still ugly ( my politically incorrect statement for the week

HHMMMm 30 years of bus experience comes from being forced into child labor at age 8 (1978) for the Families Charter Bus business, In fact I probably have more time under a bus than most on this board

now if you overly sensative eagle guys would read my post in entirety ( not only the ones that relate to eagles, I do point out issues with other brands....unless they were already commented on.  Generally on MCI, Nick or someone beats me to the punch.....and unlike some people I generally read prior posts before replying as not to be redundant.

I forget if it was this board or the other but after my initial post on Flxible rust, I emailed the prospective buyer directly with a more in depth disclosure.

as for GM's.....My exerience started with the 4104 which my family purchased in 1977 and I just sold last year. with me personally owning it for the last 6.

As for the family, We have outright owned the following coaches in order:

GM PD 4104
GM PD 4107
GM PD 4903
Flxible Flxliner restoration
Flxible Flxliner Rebuild
Mack MV-620D Restoration
GM PD 4104
GM PD 4905
GM P8M4108A
MCI MC-8
GM P8M4108A
MCI 96A3

I have laid my hands on every one of these units.

Furthermore I have hands on experience in late model Prevost as well as MCI's.

As I said earlier.....when someone brings up eagle....their major flaw ( which most eagle owners admit to) is Rust.
Most people are not the type who want to by a vehicle of any type with a major rust issue.
There are a few who don;t care because they are OK with rebuilding from the ground up.....or doing major rebuilding.

MCI's do have rust issues:  Rear suspension structure
                                        Bulkheads on both sides of the rears
                                        Structure holding up the radiator blowers
                                        And yes the verticle members of the walls which is evidenced by wavy sides as well as a few other indicators.

now in all my years of being around buses Eagles are the only ones ( yes there have been several) that will rain rust when you give them love taps.

if you want to stop seeing me post about eagle rust...beat me to it.......or don;t read my posts.

Oh yeah, my Eagle experience:  Never owned one, and have never worked on one myself, have been under and around many just to loook, a neighboring comany we used to lease from operated Eagles, so I have their experience second hand,  there are several Eagles who used to get work done at the same place that does most of my maint today...one of which was asked not to come back because of it's condition (rust wise)

small Kudo to eagle on this last one:  despite being able to make rust rain anywhere on the bus.....it was said that this bus would motor down the highway like it was brand new......which is a testiment to the torsilastic suspension design.

pete81eaglefanasty

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2008, 06:02:04 PM »

It seems like forcing you into child labor seems to have interfered with your manners, you must have been bounced on your mothers knee too hard that you have to make such rude remarks.

I know I said that the other post was my last post, but when you attack my mother for ungodly, reason that needs to be addressed.  (Thats my  political statement of the month.)

As you have stated you are an expert on all those buses, but (as you stated you know nothing about an Eagle).

As in my last post I tried to end this on an up note, but you had to come back and be sarcastic,  so let's have a good night.

Pete
             FANTASY

WHAT EVER YOU DO, OR TO WHO YOU DO IT TOO, DO IT WITH A SMILE, IT MAKES IT LEGAL THAT WAY.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2008, 04:54:30 AM »

OK Guys, let's take a deep breath and slowly count to ten. This is getting close to flaming and you know that is not allowed.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Le Mirage

Le Mirage XL 1987

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2008, 05:28:57 AM »

What I read! This Eagle look great for a '68 coach...And I understand this guy. I am in the same situation (divorce) but my coach is payed. For the rust, my coach is a '82 and he has rust. It's not a problem. It's not major anyway. Find a coach in north america whitout rust is impossible. Winter is terrific for all vehicule drive on the road with salt and sand...As I cannot buy a ''new'' coach (recent) my coach do the job...with his rust...under the chassis.

(In december, I was in New Mexico for 2 weeks. My new girlfriend lives in Albuquerque. I saw on the I-25, exit 259, a beautiful Prevost parked a long side of the house. Is the owner participated on this forum? If yes...I would like sending him a message by e-mail...)
lemiragequebec@hotmail.com

GaŽtan & Manon (french canadian)
Prevost, Le Mirage XL, 1987
Quebec, Canada

http://latchodromquebec.blogspot.com/2010/05/la-fin-du-voyage.html

TexasBorderDude
Founder - Texas Curmudgeon Society

Nothing simple is ever easy...

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2008, 09:25:15 AM »

What the heck!!! Eagles have rust?Huh

dg

A curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities. They're just as sensitive and soft-hearted as the next guy, but they hide their vulnerability beneath a crust of misanthropy.
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2008, 11:11:23 AM »

Le Mirage,

finding a rust free bus is not hard at all, you just have to know where to look and who to ask.  I have seen buses that have spent their entire commercial life in the rust belt and  didn;t have any corrosion worth metioning.

And you can certainly go to the south or southwest and find coaches with no corrosion.

you can also find many that are so bad off if inspected by DOT they would be deemed unsafe to operate on public roads.
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2008, 11:12:31 AM »

Pete, would you care tyo point out/quote my rude statements?

keep in mind being to the point and honest does not equate to being rude.
tomhamrick

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2008, 12:01:47 PM »

As a proud owner of my Eagle for 9 years I can say that anyone looking to buy an Eagle needs to be made aware of the possible rust issues. I knew about it going in, but also knew that I could make whatever repairs that I needed. If someone does not have access to a welding shop or can do their own welding, they need to inspect any Eagle very closely. Most of all of our damage was in the wheel wells and we have completely rebuilt all four (I have the single axle Suburban model Eagle). Also had to replace the bay area where the A/C units where located. I would want to know about any common issues about any bus I was thinking of purchasing especially if I was not prepared to do major work on it. I have seen several buses that were purchased and conversions built on a platform that was not stable or even safe. I am glad that I went into this hobby educated by those on these boards willing to share their experience. My money is too hard to come by.
Tom Hamrick
1984 Eagle 10S 

Tom Hamrick
1991 Prevost H3-40 VIP
1981 Eagle 10
Forest City, NC
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: