Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 12:12:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adjusting the blower belt tension on an MC5  (Read 1100 times)
NCbob

« on: June 01, 2006, 03:16:28 PM »

You guys are going to think, before long, that I'm either an idiot who can't pull wrenches or some kind of whako who can't fit a wrench to a nut!  OK, I don't have a "wingnut wrench"! Tongue

In attempting to adjust the belt tension on my blower belt today, Da Book sez: Loosen the 3/8" NSA (gobbledegook term...) check nuts before attempting the tighten the belt tensioning bolts.

Well, it appears that there are two nuts at the ends of the tensioning bolts that there is NO SOCKET which will fit!  I even tried METRIC! But to NO AVAIL!  Now, I have to admit that there was enough preservative on all the bolts in the area that there shouldn't be a problem with them being frozen all the way to Billy-be Damned....but though I cleaned them with profuse amounts of AAP Brake cleaner and enough shop towels to dry off the  Wink Titanic...I still can't find a socket which might even give me a hint that I'm even getting warm.

Any ideas?  By the way, my Bus is an MC5A.   I know................. Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

NCbob
Dallas

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 03:20:47 PM »

Bob,
How about 4 choices:

Grinder

Vice grips

Nut buster

Smoke Wrench

All of the above will require replacing the nuts, but, hey you don't have anything to fit anyway!

Dallas
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 04:06:58 PM »

Bob,

You have to get one of those FITZALL bolt/nut removers at your favorite Sears store.

Its a must have! Grin

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: