Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 12:57:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The wait is over: Cat and Dallas are TV stars!!!  (Read 2076 times)
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« on: June 01, 2006, 03:48:47 AM »

Ok everyone, the wait is over.  During the bus rally, Cecil Chandler, from Channel 13 in Florence/ Myrtle Beach came and did some filming.  As of now, Dallas is waiting for Mr. Demille to come in for his close up.  LOL   If you are interested in seeing our 2 minute clip of a few of the busses and Dallas and I, making our TV debut you are in luck.  Go to: http://www.scnow.com/midatlantic/scp/living/cecil_s_world.html
and click on Bus Living. If you have dial up, it might not work really well but those with speedy connections  can see it easily.   Cat
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 04:00:12 AM by Dallas » Logged

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 04:46:22 AM »

That was a nice piece, other than for those derelict guys talking about all those beautiful buses!  Cheesy

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
NCbob

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 04:51:13 AM »

Nice, bus friendly coverage.  It sure won't do anything to hurt our Hobby...might even promote a bit of respect from some of the snob set.

NVbob
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 04:54:21 AM »

Cat,

That was really nice!

It was a good idea having them out on Thursday before the real troublemakers showed up! Grin Grin Grin

You know who you are!!!! Wink

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 04:55:16 AM »

...  It sure won't do anything to hurt our Hobby ...

Shoot, when people hear you can get a beautiful bus like that one for only $1, they'll be falling all over themselves to get into the hobby!

I wish they'd show that on national TV.  We could use more of that good publicity. Then maybe we could finally get laws written that require at least two buses in every neighborhood!

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 05:45:13 AM »

Hay Guy's,

It's always good when bus guy's make the news!!

Nice Job on the coverage.

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 08:03:32 AM »

Very nice piece.

The only stumble was when the newsguy said "...the high price of gasoline..." I get that all of the time, though: "how can you drive that thing these days... what do you spend on gasoline?" Reply: "umm... nothing."  Wink

I agree... It's great to get some good publicity for our hobby!

Congrats,
Brian Brown
PD4106-1175 (fmr. Adirondak Trailways)
P8M-4108A-216 (not a Trailways)
Longmont, CO

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 08:21:39 AM »

Very nice piece.

The only stumble was when the newsguy said "...the high price of gasoline..." I get that all of the time, though: "how can you drive that thing these days... what do you spend on gasoline?" Reply: "umm... nothing."  Wink

I agree... It's great to get some good publicity for our hobby!

Congrats,
Brian Brown
PD4106-1175 (fmr. Adirondak Trailways)
P8M-4108A-216 (not a Trailways)
Longmont, CO

Brian, I get the same feeling when someone talks about their DD motor. In my books it is an engine. LOL
Richard
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 08:23:28 AM by Driving MissLazy » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Dallas

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 08:23:27 AM »

Thanks Gentlemen,
Next time, Timmonsville, SC October 5th through the 8th[/b]we are going to try and have at least 3 of the stations here, at different times.
Cat really had fun for her part, but it was a bugger getting that curved window clean when I did my bit. Besides, I'm not photogenic and don't like lenses... they look like scopes. Notice my "Deer in the Headlights" impersonation?

Dallas
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 08:49:24 AM »

Neat piece, wish I had been there.

Were non-Trailways busses allowed?? Wink

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Dallas

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 09:00:22 AM »

Neat piece, wish I had been there.

Were non-Trailways busses allowed?? Wink

Len

Len, Not only were Non Trailways allowed, we even encouraged some S&S to stop in and partake of our hospitality.
Every one is welcome and even if we don't have hookups for everyone, I'm sure we can run a bunch of 15A cords to run fridges and battery chargers!
Let's make this a big one! (The boss needs the money).

Dallas
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: