Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 18, 2014, 11:06:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pics from the Quartzsite Eagle gathering  (Read 2813 times)
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 05:09:58 PM »

Many years ago when I lived in CA I went to several Eagle rallies including some at Quartzite and I also belonged to the Eagles International group publication.  There was one couple that had a converted 35 ft. Eagle and as i recall it was called a Suburban model. It was a two axle vehicle. Only a few were ever manufactured. The wife was the secretary for several years I believe. I do not know if the publication is still in existence, but if it is it is a good group to belong to.

Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Songman

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 05:41:26 PM »

Yes Richard, this was the Eagles International meet. They are a good group.  I had met some in person and knew some through online activities, but I got to put names, faces, and buses together this past weekend and it was great! I am not yet a member of the club but they welcomed me in and made me feel at home (even though we were riding in Don's Country Coach instead of my Eagle). In my opinion, anyone who owns and Eagle should belong to this group. They are a great bunch and are very helpful to each other and to anyone else in the hobby.

Yeah, the single axle is called a Suburban. That's right.

See Rusty's post for more information about Eagles International. He is the new president-elect of the club.
http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=7081.0
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 05:42:59 PM by Songman » Logged
makemineatwostroke

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2008, 05:52:27 PM »

Hey, guys that not a suburban its a model 15 motor home chassis the suburban was a 35 ft model 10
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 06:05:50 PM »

That two axle Eagle belongs to Lee and Donna Thomas.  The live in Lee's Summit, MO.

I can't say what the model is, but it is a 102 wide, 35 foot.  As was mentioned, it was made as motorhome chassis and had the factory raised roof as I recall. Lee bought it new and had it converted.  I think he said that he picked it up at the factory.  It is a great bus.,

BTW, we are still at the rally site and I can't find any significant signs of rust piles Wink

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
Songman

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 06:27:13 PM »

Don and I were wondering today if there was still anyone out there, Jim. Is there anyone left there with you?
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2008, 06:42:17 PM »

Thanks for the great Pics Songman, Will

pete81eaglefanasty

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2008, 06:58:19 PM »

Very Good Pictures of some fine Eagles, Wish I could have been their,
 Thank you Songman
               Pete & Jean
                 FANTASY

WHAT EVER YOU DO, OR TO WHO YOU DO IT TOO, DO IT WITH A SMILE, IT MAKES IT LEGAL THAT WAY.
Songman

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2008, 07:01:50 PM »

It was my pleasure, believe me! You guys just need to start making plans to make the next one in Branson. Hopefully lots of more Eastern buses will be able to show up.

Will, I enjoyed your site. Pretty cool to have an author among us. I'll check out some more of your titles later.
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2008, 07:50:07 PM »

Thanks Songman, it's really my pleasure to have found this site. Unfortunately, it seems now I spend more time reading posts than I do applying my trade LOL. That 'Total Time Logged In' thing is a real eye opener Shocked Grin

rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2008, 09:17:27 PM »

Hi Dale.

There are three of us left, and the O'Neills are leaving tomorrow.  We will be heading to Yuma on Friday.

Thanks for the great photos!

Got to meet up with LarryH today and will have coffee with RJ(Bob) Evans tomorrow. 

Been a fun week!

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
tomhamrick

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2008, 09:14:04 AM »

The single axle Eagles (Suburban) were mostly 40 footers. Mine is in my avitar. There were some 35's but mostly 40's.
Tom Hamrick
1884 Model 10S

Tom Hamrick
1991 Prevost H3-40 VIP
1981 Eagle 10
Forest City, NC
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: