Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 02:48:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What size and type windows do you have and how much?  (Read 1346 times)
Paladin
Dave Knight

Ignore
« on: January 22, 2008, 07:25:28 PM »

I'm looking into windows from Motion and I'm not sure what size etc. I think I want the series 1800, maybe the 1600 if there is a huge difference. I really don't want to hassle them with a thousand quotes so would anyone who has windows from Motion mind letting me know the size, type, style etc and a rough cost of them each?
I'm thinking that in reality I'll only be able to afford to buy a few at a time.

-Dave     

'75 MC-8   'Event Horizon'
8V71  HT740
Salt Lake City, Utah

"Have bus will travel read the card of the man, a Knight without armor in a savage land...."
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 07:41:33 PM »

Jeff at Motion Windows will give significant price breaks for more windows of the same size.  My windows are double pane, 36"x48" and cost $385 each for a total of six windows the same size.  I wanted to make the rear windows a bit smaller, but the total cost went way up due to labor to change the jigs.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Paladin
Dave Knight

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 09:01:54 PM »

Brian,
That sounds exactly like the size I want the most of. Are yours the dark grey tint? What sort of openings if any?
Did you have to pay a whole lot for shipping? Apparently I should have it dropped to a loading dock to save and haul my trailer out to pick up.

-Dave

8V71  HT740
Salt Lake City, Utah

"Have bus will travel read the card of the man, a Knight without armor in a savage land...."
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 07:02:37 AM »

Shipping was $373, but it would be more now since I got the windows 18 months ago.  Yes, I had shipped to terminal.  Residential delivery, especially with liftgate, is usually around $100 more.

I don't know what tint I got.  I think I just had them do the standard tint.  The windows are all sliders.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
makemineatwostroke

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 07:56:52 AM »

Paladin, here's another option for you on windows                      

www.boatwindows.biz
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 09:36:04 AM by makemineatwostroke » Logged
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 09:09:37 AM »

Boatwindows.com is the same company as Motion Windows.

makemineatwostroke

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 09:23:18 AM »

maybe, belfert but they are made in Loreauville La by B&J Aluminum Window Co and the guys name is Jack not Jeff  FWIW
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 10:39:35 AM »

maybe, belfert but they are made in Loreauville La by B&J Aluminum Window Co and the guys name is Jack not Jeff  FWIW

Your original message was missing part of the URL so I assumed you meant boatwindows.com.  Boatwindows.biz is indeed another company.

TomCat
It's 4:20 somewhere...

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 12:13:27 PM »

Dave,

I ordered my windows from Jeff at Motion back in the summer of 2003. Four windows, 1800 series, each 28" x 54", dark tint, two sliders and two fixed.
Less than $300 each back then.

Jay
87 SaftLiner

On The High Plains of Colorado
Paladin
Dave Knight

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 01:18:35 PM »

I need to do some homework. The P.O of the bus already framed in for windows but I'm not happy with the placement and size of some so I'll probably have to cut out that framing and re-weld new ones....all with the skins in place!

I'd like to go rather large to avoid a dark tunnel effect and keep the outside view wide.

Thanks for the help guys!

-Dave

8V71  HT740
Salt Lake City, Utah

cody

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 01:23:50 PM »

Were any of you that have bought windows from jeff able to get a shipping quote from him?  I emailed him and he told me the price of the window for my eagle that I want to replace will cost 325. but he said they don't give shipping quotes.  I even gave him the zip code for the shipping quote, I'd rather not get an unpleasent surprise on the shipping, have any of you had better luck?
Paladin
Dave Knight

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 01:30:36 PM »

Yeah, when I bought my blower for my car the guy said that the shipping was included. Later he said it would be sent c.o.d but wouldn't be much and refused to tell me the amount. When UPS came they wanted cash for nearly $100.00!

I'll never do business with that clown again nor am I anxious to have another 'wait til it comes, the shipping is a surprise' sort of deal. That's a deal breaker for me.

8V71  HT740
Salt Lake City, Utah

belfert

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 01:57:24 PM »

Motion Windows is often booked out many weeks in advance.  My windows took 8 weeks or more.

The freight is charged at the time of shipment.  With fuel prices changing daily, Motion Windows doesn't want to give an exact quote for shipping that could be much different when the windows ship.  LTL freight prices are often much more volatile than UPS or Fedex.

I think Jeff gave me a rough estimate on shipping, but I don't recall for sure.

cody

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 02:07:35 PM »

Unfortunately I have been able to obtain any shipping quote of any kind, the email states that it is "not their policy to quote shipping costs due to variables related to shipping, crating, packaging charges, etc".  I replyed to their email and asked if he could at least narrow it down to a possible ball park figure and have not gotten any response back at all.
cody

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 02:55:52 PM »

Got a reply back from Jeff on a ball park shipping figure for a window, the window is an exact replacement to be installed in a 1981 eagle model 10, and is a dual pane slider with tint and screens, the quote for the window was 325 dollars and shipping by fedex ground from washington to florida would be around 86 dollars.  Very reasonable for a quality window in my opinion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: