Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 09:19:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vinyl Tire / Wheel Covers  (Read 884 times)
DavidInWilmNC

1978 MC-8 as I bought it May 2005

Ignore
« on: January 30, 2008, 11:32:06 AM »

I'm looking at getting some covers for my tires to protect them from sun.  The covers I see listed for 22.5" wheels have a stated diameter of 42", but my tires have a diameter of less than 40".  This is taking in the hub section on the steers and tags; the drives are even less.  What covers have others used for their tires?  What's a good place to order these in terms of quality and price?  Thanks for any (useful  Wink) input.

David
TrevorH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 11:38:27 AM »

I cutout plywood for my schoolie and it has worked great.  The rubber "flares" make for a great way to hold it in place.

1987 MCI 102A3 8V92TA 5 spd MT
Tucson, AZ
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 12:59:49 PM »

I'm looking at getting some covers for my tires to protect them from sun.  The covers I see listed for 22.5" wheels have a stated diameter of 42", but my tires have a diameter of less than 40".  This is taking in the hub section on the steers and tags; the drives are even less.  What covers have others used for their tires?  What's a good place to order these in terms of quality and price?  Thanks for any (useful  Wink) input.

David
>
>
 Those will fit, I have them in black. camping world has them, I got mine on ebay.
In another thread someone said they let their wife put tension curtian rods with frilly drapes over the wheels Huh

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
DavidInWilmNC

1978 MC-8 as I bought it May 2005

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 01:56:42 PM »

Those will fit, I have them in black. camping world has them, I got mine on ebay.
In another thread someone said they let their wife put tension curtian rods with frilly drapes over the wheels Huh

Thanks for the info.  I thought about doing the plywood thing, but these are being bought for me for a birthday gift.  I'll get the ones from Camping World (where I've been looking at them).  Definitely no frilly anything on my bus!   Grin

David
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: