Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 05:45:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vinyl Tire / Wheel Covers  (Read 873 times)
DavidInWilmNC

1978 MC-8 as I bought it May 2005

Ignore
« on: January 30, 2008, 11:32:06 AM »

I'm looking at getting some covers for my tires to protect them from sun.  The covers I see listed for 22.5" wheels have a stated diameter of 42", but my tires have a diameter of less than 40".  This is taking in the hub section on the steers and tags; the drives are even less.  What covers have others used for their tires?  What's a good place to order these in terms of quality and price?  Thanks for any (useful  Wink) input.

David
TrevorH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 11:38:27 AM »

I cutout plywood for my schoolie and it has worked great.  The rubber "flares" make for a great way to hold it in place.

1987 MCI 102A3 8V92TA 5 spd MT
Tucson, AZ
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 12:59:49 PM »

I'm looking at getting some covers for my tires to protect them from sun.  The covers I see listed for 22.5" wheels have a stated diameter of 42", but my tires have a diameter of less than 40".  This is taking in the hub section on the steers and tags; the drives are even less.  What covers have others used for their tires?  What's a good place to order these in terms of quality and price?  Thanks for any (useful  Wink) input.

David
>
>
 Those will fit, I have them in black. camping world has them, I got mine on ebay.
In another thread someone said they let their wife put tension curtian rods with frilly drapes over the wheels Huh

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
DavidInWilmNC

1978 MC-8 as I bought it May 2005

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 01:56:42 PM »

Those will fit, I have them in black. camping world has them, I got mine on ebay.
In another thread someone said they let their wife put tension curtian rods with frilly drapes over the wheels Huh

Thanks for the info.  I thought about doing the plywood thing, but these are being bought for me for a birthday gift.  I'll get the ones from Camping World (where I've been looking at them).  Definitely no frilly anything on my bus!   Grin

David
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: