Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 26, 2014, 02:08:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyle's got a babysitter! PICTURES  (Read 3374 times)
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2008, 09:51:14 AM »

She down on the ground....For a visit....

Thanks to NCBob for all of the pictures I posted, Bob you dont miss much....Watch out Gary L.. Grin

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2008, 10:07:49 AM »

Just a guess, but I assume that is a parts bus?  It looks like it would be a heck of a job to get that one running again.  It appears it is not only missing the drivetrain, but the entire engine compartment!

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2008, 10:14:13 AM »

Just a guess, but I assume that is a parts bus?  It looks like it would be a heck of a job to get that one running again.  It appears it is not only missing the drivetrain, but the entire engine compartment!

Ahhh..... it maybe missing a few parts, but shoot soon boredom & curiousity will get to Cliff and Bob & they'll have it up and running so Kyle can come drive it home by the 4th of July! LOL!

Kyle don't forget to bring a driver side windshield or goggles! LOL!

Brian never under estimate a determined busnut! The strong strange & deranged will survive! LOL!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
cody

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2008, 10:34:32 AM »

Cliff, it's amazing how clean and clear that windshield is and absolutely no glare, lol.
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2008, 02:58:39 PM »

Kyle

nice bus, I have been trying to buy a couple of them here in cal. There are at least four of them running around me in Bakersfield, Two of them have 12V71', in them. The others have 8V71. I am looking at one now and have been tring to get ahold of the owner so I could buy it. They don't want much for it. Do you want to sell any parts off of any of them. I will need the big baggage door and a few other parts when the time comes.

Keep the corral full, but look out they are kind of like bunny rabbits. lol

Don
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2008, 06:27:44 PM »

Just made it in. Fun weekend trip! Thanks Cliff for your hospitality. Thanks to all who turned out for the reception. That was great to see you all! Great pictures Bob!

As for selling parts, it seems I don't know how to sell any parts, just buy them.  Roll Eyes

As for restoring vs parting out, I have not decided for sure yet, but this bus has been butchered in that the floor was lowered without any concern for the structure that was removed. I'd like to keep it as complete as possible as long as possible because there is a bus or 2 at the orphanage that need some parts. The door did close properly before we moved her, but now . . . . not so much. There is an amazing amount of corrosion on this bus. Seems like they don't make 'em like they used to.  Sad,

Oh, wait. This bus is 54 years old . . . . maybe that has something to do with it . . . .

Cliff, your bus is absolutely perfect in every way, so you don't need any of those old cruddy parts.
Bob, even tho there is magic in Scenicruisers, it ain't enough to help your MC5.  Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2008, 07:14:59 AM »

Hi Cliff, I see what you mean about the 'kindling'!  But I bet it wouldn't burn!

After spending 4 days with Kyle I have to say this; most of the time, after spending a couple of days with someone it's time for a break...I never felt that, I could have gone several more days with him...a GREAT guy that is serious about saving these ole' girls from a scrappers hell!

NCBob, I can't tell you how glad I was to see you at Cliff and Julie's!

Cliff and Julie, you are GREAT hosts!

Julie, Please send a care package of the soup!  It was GREAT!  (As was the lasagne!)

Mike, enjoyed meeting you buddy!

To Vern and Delmus, good seeing you again!  Ya'll have done a great job over there, congrats!

All for now, gots' to go work on the bus!

Jack Hart

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2008, 02:59:17 PM »

Jack, I know what you're doing & it isn't necessary. I already forgave you for stealing my bag of fresh Florida navel oranges.  Grin

I'm looking forward to more adventures with Scenicruisers!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 03:10:34 PM by kyle4501 » Logged

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2008, 03:09:52 PM »

A picture as it was being loaded

kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2008, 03:14:35 PM »

OOPS! We didn't notice this tree limb that was a little low until on the way out. Too late to back up now, It rubbed, but didn't dent anything.
Jerome let the air out of the tractor & trailer suspension & gained the needed clearance.

jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2008, 03:35:03 PM »

Kyle, sorry bought the oranges, (Maybe Grin) me and Dianne are enjoying them!
Dianne loves the cradle and engine!
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: