Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 18, 2014, 12:46:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: can you all look at thease buses  (Read 2367 times)
mike davis

Ignore
« on: January 31, 2008, 07:27:21 AM »

http://www.sellabus.com/gm.html

I think they all over priced please tell me if I'm wrong

mike
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 07:34:23 AM »

Can't.

(but I do like the red silverside)

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 07:34:43 AM »

Its in the eye of the beholder.  Some are priced better than others.  there is nother that says you have to pay that price. If you are looking t them, make an offer that you think reflects what they are worth.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
scottwms

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 07:47:21 AM »

The Red Silversides might be a great deal. The radiator and tires could be worth the $5500. With a fresh 4-valve motor.. well,  ccould be something to consider.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 07:54:04 AM »

1978 H8M 4108A Serial #229  Originally built as a conversion shell

probably way over priced! But ask Tekebird to be sure! LOL!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
skipn

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 07:54:52 AM »

It is all relative.

If I had the money I love baby blue 4108...
  If I was up for some adventure the 56 scenicruiser would be a blast
  If I wanted something that is classic and not many on the road 47 pd3751 (red one)

So the real question is (aside from money that comes in later) what do you want.
 Pictures can only give part of the story. For me it was Model year engine tranny then
 try and find the best I could for what I could spend........since that time there have been
 better and cheaper but I wouldn't trade mine for anything.

Skip
Tenor

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 08:12:17 AM »

Most of these buses have been here a long time.  6 months at least.  The teal 4108 keeps popping up on e-place and is beautifully done, but has never reached it's reserve.  I spoke with the owner of the red silversides and it sounded like a decent coach, but I decided I needed function (space and bays) over form.  He's probably really motivated to sell by now.  Did you notice the rust around the window on the 69 4903?  I bet things are pretty bad on that one. 

Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
www.threemenandatenor.com
1968 MCI 7 Ser. No. 7476 Unit No. 10056
8v71
4 speed Spicer
mike davis

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 08:25:06 AM »

Most of these buses have been here a long time.  6 months at least.  The teal 4108 keeps popping up on e-place and is beautifully done, but has never reached it's reserve.  I spoke with the owner of the red silversides and it sounded like a decent coach, but I decided I needed function (space and bays) over form.  He's probably really motivated to sell by now.  Did you notice the rust around the window on the 69 4903?  I bet things are pretty bad on that one. 

Tenor
  yes I saw the rust

Seller: "It's just surface rust"

as the window falls out on the test drive

mike
Tenor

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 08:41:20 AM »

That's right!  It's always surface rust, until there is no surface! 

As for windows falling out, I recall reading about someone getting a parts scenicruiser with their purchase of another scenicruiser and one of the teardrop windows fell out while being towed.  I liked the new definition of "teardrop" when he found out how expensive they were!

Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
www.threemenandatenor.com
1968 MCI 7 Ser. No. 7476 Unit No. 10056
8v71
4 speed Spicer
mike davis

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 08:56:38 AM »

As for windows falling out, I recall reading about someone getting a parts scenicruiser with their purchase of another scenicruiser and one of the teardrop windows fell out while being towed.  I liked the new definition of "teardrop" when he found out how expensive they were!

tenor

I might know the history of the red silverside I think I looked at in 87' in oakland ca It was stored under the cypress freeway I thought it was crushed during the loma pre atay earthquake in 89'? when the cypress fell down

mike   
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 09:04:10 AM »

as for my folkls coach that BK noted.

Price is correct and I don't think you will find anyone that has seen it that will think it is over priced.

it is very well thought out and has a design that is appealing to most

to find a GM that is as near as showroom new as you can find....will cost you

the conversion itself if coppied today would run you better than 150k as per the converter.

I don;t think you could gather all the same parts this one has, including a rust free  sub million mile shell with alcoas and new Michilins and it's entire life documented for the asking price...then you would still have to build it.

Only reason it is for sale is that the folks found a 2 year older p8m4108 that was converrted from new with less than 75,000 miles on it (documented)

One must also keep in mind a spectacular condition and or low mile shell  or seated coach of any vintage will bring 40-50% more than the average example

problem is with alot of conversion, both professional and hown done.......is that they were built with the owners tastes in mind or some wacky idea......and do not show well to the general buying public.

as for home conversions......although there are some multitallented guys who have done top notch home conversion ( in all trades)  most are lacking somehwere.......the cabinet maker might have his cabinet and wall work spectacular but his bus maint, electrical and plumbin might all suck ( for example.)

if you go to the MCI page the 1985 Custom Coach 102A3 is also mine......same asking price as the 78 4108.

In this comparison I think the Interior of the MCI is nicer but not by much......but the 4108 is the better platform condition wise.

Again it all depends on what you want.....

what your willing to pay.........
and what you are happy with driving down the road.

That being said there is alot on there that is over priced for what it is......and alot of it has been there for years.
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 09:08:21 AM »

having sold a Silversides a few years ago  I would not want one.

especially when in the description seller states  "enough working lights for daytime operation) thats only turn and brake lights.

TomC

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 09:17:02 AM »

In the Eagle bus section there is a neat 35ft 2 axle-although very pricey.  Probably the only 35ft Eagle I've seen.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
mike davis

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 09:29:17 AM »

having sold a Silversides a few years ago  I would not want one.

especially when in the description seller states  "enough working lights for daytime operation) thats only turn and brake lights.

tekebird 

I always thought livening inside a silversides would like livening an a old Flexy TOO round. Hard to use the space

your parents bus is the gem there on that page The PD4501 is what cough my eye I thought it was worth $7,000 to 9,000 But I did not want to point a bus out I thought getting an overview was better

mike

kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2008, 09:49:40 AM »

That was me  Cry  It was the old gasket that failed & let that pricey glass fall.
BTW, that 'parts' scenicriser is as rust free as any I've seen. There is some light rust where the paint is gone off the steel body panels, but the frame is good & the air beams still hold air!

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: