Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 24, 2014, 12:19:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: can you all look at thease buses  (Read 2334 times)
mike davis

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2008, 10:01:55 AM »

That's right!  It's always surface rust, until there is no surface! 

As for windows falling out, I recall reading about someone getting a parts scenicruiser with their purchase of another scenicruiser and one of the teardrop windows fell out while being towed.  I liked the new definition of "teardrop" when he found out how expensive they were!

That was me  Cry  It was the old gasket that failed & let that pricey glass fall.
BTW, that 'parts' scenicriser is as rust free as any I've seen. There is some light rust where the paint is gone off the steel body panels, but the frame is good & the air beams still hold air!

now where is a 4501 like the "parts" one you got for $4 to 5K?

mike
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2008, 10:13:42 AM »

That 'parts' one has a nasty shag carpet tour bus interior, stuck/ blown engine, no transmission, AND needs all new glass.

Not to mention the 'chariot ride' to move it costs ~$175/ hour.

Ain't old buses fun?

BTW, they're out there, you just have to be looking & ready to act on short notice.

& another thing, county zoning & codes are making it more difficult to park a non-running bus outside.  Cry

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
mike davis

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2008, 10:44:06 AM »

I guess the one good thing about where I'm at Morgan co MO is there are no zoning laws here no building code eather

mike
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2008, 02:07:24 PM »

Just give big brother time. There weren't any codes when I bought 18 acres in the country either. But the developers snuck in on me & changed that  Cry

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
mike davis

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2008, 02:19:45 PM »

Just give big brother time. There weren't any codes when I bought 18 acres in the country either. But the developers snuck in on me & changed that  Cry

we got this big old lake keeping them away for now. But I'm sure they will forge the lake sometime

the weekender here tried to make us a town 2 years ago Well that got off to a flying stop

It sucks move 22mi.from a 676pop. town and have people from K.C. want to make it "The Town of Little K.C."

mike
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2008, 03:02:26 PM »

as for my folkls coach that BK noted.

Price is correct and I don't think you will find anyone that has seen it that will think it is over priced.

it is very well thought out and has a design that is appealing to most

to find a GM that is as near as showroom new as you can find....will cost you

the conversion itself if coppied today would run you better than 150k as per the converter.

I don;t think you could gather all the same parts this one has, including a rust free  sub million mile shell with alcoas and new Michilins and it's entire life documented for the asking price...then you would still have to build it.

Only reason it is for sale is that the folks found a 2 year older p8m4108 that was converrted from new with less than 75,000 miles on it (documented)

One must also keep in mind a spectacular condition and or low mile shell  or seated coach of any vintage will bring 40-50% more than the average example

problem is with alot of conversion, both professional and hown done.......is that they were built with the owners tastes in mind or some wacky idea......and do not show well to the general buying public.

as for home conversions......although there are some multitallented guys who have done top notch home conversion ( in all trades)  most are lacking somehwere.......the cabinet maker might have his cabinet and wall work spectacular but his bus maint, electrical and plumbin might all suck ( for example.)

if you go to the MCI page the 1985 Custom Coach 102A3 is also mine......same asking price as the 78 4108.

In this comparison I think the Interior of the MCI is nicer but not by much......but the 4108 is the better platform condition wise.

Again it all depends on what you want.....

what your willing to pay....
and what you are happy with driving down the road.

That being said there is alot on there that is over priced for what it is......and alot of it has been there for years.

Sad Sad Sad
Doug I am sorry I meant it only as a joke, as I knew it was your parents bus. I did not mean in anyway that it is not worth what they are asking for it! I do apologize for starting a fire, it was not my intentions! Sad Sad Sad
 Sad Sad Sad BB  Sad Sad Sad

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2008, 03:18:04 PM »

no worries.

I just wanted to reiterate (sp?) that some things are worth the asking price.

seems a large 5 of people looking for conversions want them for nothing....even ones that are very nice.

We had several people inquire about my folks 08 that thought it should be in the mid 20's......after all it is a 1978 bus.

beer budget and champagne tastes I suppose

DMoedave

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2008, 04:19:12 PM »

I saw Tbird's 4108 at the bus museum at the spring fling, its an extra sharp bus, my wife was going crazy trying to see inside. The Silversides is in Lowell Mass. the owners name is John nice guy. You do get what you pay for. A big problem lately is a digital camera can really make a "dog" look nice.

we love our buses!!! NE Pa or LI NY, or somewhere in between!
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2008, 04:24:16 PM »

Dave is right, however I have seen digital photos that don;t do the subject justice too.

Have also had digital photos and video, clearly pionting out flaws...which in person looked much worse......and I know the seller was not trying to hide anything.

thks for the compliment on the 4108

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: