Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 20, 2014, 11:55:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions/tips on TIRE removal  (Read 1521 times)
Brill-o

Ignore
« on: June 04, 2006, 09:19:41 PM »

Hello all-

The folks want me to move the bus this weekóno later. Itís probably 75-90 miles away.
Since I havenít tried anything in the way of prep for a re-start and it has flats (from sitting), I think it best to have it towed behind a full-sized wrecker.
 Iíll have to change the flats myself, but they kept 2 good spares inside it I can use.  Any thoughts, doís-or-doníts, or points that I should be aware of?

Iím suspecting a healthy bill for the haul-

Sorry for the delay in posting the pics, but I had a chain lock up on the rear of my daughterís kart and it flipped us. Sheís got some scrapes and is ok, but I got a serious case of road rash and one hand is quite swollen. Itís been one-hand typing since yesterday.

Iíve been trying to resize this pics for close to 3 hours now. Anyway, Iíve tried again, and again and think I got them to work this time. Obviously Iím not too PC savvy, so the Wife did the magic. If you have a careótake a peek. They are posted in the picsí section.

Thanks again-

Cheers..
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 09:24:32 AM by plyonsMC9 » Logged

Mind the Gap!
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 09:27:32 AM »

Hi there Brill-o,

Assuming you are looking for tips on tire removal (?), so I modified your topic heading - hope you don't mind.   Grin

You and your wife did a good job of posting the pics - Your "gal" looks like she is going to be beautiful - you really do have a classic with your '47.  Please do keep us posted on your progress - and hope you are healing well from injuries!

Kind Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 12:28:36 PM »

Hello Brillo welcome to the board and congradulations on the "new girl". I don't know where you are from but if it were me I'd check the local towing companies and see who has a Landoll or other simular style low boy trailer with a winch and have the ol' girl hauled to where you plan to start on it! This will eliminate the possability of anything breaking or locking up while towing it and be safer for "ol girl" and your wallet in the long run! Then once home you can jack it up, block it up and take the wheels off and properly check and lube things as they should be before moving it! I don't have a clue as to where the bus is or where your taking it but check with towing companies on both ends, usually it is just as well to have your local company go get it as to have a companie to bring it!  Any questions give me a call BK 1-731-885-7460

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Brill-o

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 02:28:26 PM »

Hello Mates-

Thank you for the replies! I really should of been more specific with my post. I should of inquired of the does-or-don'ts in general bus towing, since I've never had this done before.
My mistake.

I think all my queries have been addressed by "Busted knuckles" (Man, can I relate to that!)

And no worries on the thread name change, Phil-

I'm known as phil also--the Brill-o is because of the new toy.

If you have the time I left a lenghty note as a reply to this thread (before I realised this was back up) on the "Just a suggestion" thread. You can find a bit more about me until I set up the profile.

Cheers..
and

MIND THE GAP!

Mind the Gap!
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 07:10:28 PM »

Mr. Brillo,

You have a bus with great potential. Do be carefull with her. Wrinkles are so hard to remove from old girls, or so I've been told.

When I bought my bus off eBay, I was given a non running parts bus. The best thing I did was to pay for a landall trailer tow. Nothing was damaged on the bus, well except for the window that flew out when the old rubber gasket let go at 60 mph.

On the trailer method is not as concerned with tire, suspension, or axle condition.

Let us know how the move goes.

Good luck!

kyle4501

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 08:22:23 PM »

Greetings Brill-o,
One other item - if you get stuck again trying to figure out something on this Board - even for a few minutes - you can always post a question  over on the HELP board.   No need for frustration.   Grin    The Moderator, Richard, does a terrific job of making sure no question goes unanswered!   Smiley

Glad to have you here - Kind Regards, Phil

46Brillbus

1946 ACF Brill

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 11:44:43 AM »

New guy as of today! Doing some net searching and found MAK...very interesting. Also saw the post from the new guy with the Brill. Since my wife and I own, live, work and travel in our 1946 Brill I thought it would be a good idea to sign on and offer any help I could. Not an expert but living with this wonderful old bus on a daily basis teaches you a lot very quickly. Ours is the original Hall-Scott Six cylinder, 12 plugs, one distributor and two set of points, two coils and a more modern 9 Speed Eaton fuller. So Brillo, feel free to email or post and if I can be on line I will at least tell you what is happening with mine. We are visiting a daughter in Oklahoma and have some internet time. Hope this is all proper for the forum. If not...educate me and I will do it right the next time!
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 12:10:26 PM »

Oh Man!  Now we're being overrun by these Brill guys!!   Cheesy Cheesy

Hey, 46, post some photos of your Brill, if you have any.  Would be a cool comparison.

Welcome aboard.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 12:45:11 PM »

New guy as of today! Doing some net searching and found MAK...very interesting. Also saw the post from the new guy with the Brill. Since my wife and I own, live, work and travel in our 1946 Brill I thought it would be a good idea to sign on and offer any help I could. Not an expert but living with this wonderful old bus on a daily basis teaches you a lot very quickly. Ours is the original Hall-Scott Six cylinder, 12 plugs, one distributor and two set of points, two coils and a more modern 9 Speed Eaton fuller. So Brillo, feel free to email or post and if I can be on line I will at least tell you what is happening with mine. We are visiting a daughter in Oklahoma and have some internet time. Hope this is all proper for the forum. If not...educate me and I will do it right the next time!

It's an avalanche  of Brills!!!   Grin

Welcome to the board 46brillbus.  We're glad you're here.   Smiley

Kind Regards, Phil

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: