Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 28, 2014, 07:43:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you get the Aluminum Molding for covering the seams?  (Read 3171 times)
Dreamscape

« on: February 05, 2008, 10:57:34 AM »

I have googled, MAK search and Help. Could not find what I am looking for in aluminum trim moulding. I want to replace the trim that goes between the side panels on upper and lower. I would rather not have a plastic insert. Would like to find one that is similar to a half round with ridges on under side to go over rivets. Any suggestions on what is best?

Thanks in advance.

Paul
DavidInWilmNC

1978 MC-8 as I bought it May 2005

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 11:09:06 AM »

Paul,

Maybe something like what MCI used on the -8's and -9's right under the windows would work.  It's a long section of molding that's maybe 1-3/4" wide and maybe 1/4-3/8" or so tall (this is from memory so the dimensions may be off).  Perhaps somebody who removed it from their MCI would have it, or most parts buses would, too, I'm sure.  This is definitely not half round, but might still work for you.

David
pete81eaglefanasty

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 12:23:39 PM »

Hi Paul
 I believe what you are looking for, you can get from I B P They come in 20 foot length. I got a few from them.

Pete & Jean
              FANTASY

#1-800-468-5287

WHAT EVER YOU DO, OR TO WHO YOU DO IT TOO, DO IT WITH A SMILE, IT MAKES IT LEGAL THAT WAY.
Dreamscape

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 02:48:09 PM »

David,

Thanks for the information. The width is about what I need, no less than 1 1/12".

Pete,

I checked their web site, didn't find what I need. I'll have to give them a call. The 20' length is perfect, as that is what the old stuff was.

Thanks for the help,

Paul
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 03:11:17 PM »

Hi Paul,

I have IBP's PDF catalog on my computor and I can't figure out how to post it yet...

I also purchaced Eagle moldings from them and now that I'm thinking about it I think I have 2- 20' ers left...

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
pete81eaglefanasty

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 04:19:06 PM »

Paul
I just look at their book it is called cover molding # BS 2272-141
them you will want to get  the Molding seal that goes under the aluminum strip it makes the strip fit and looks better. #BS 2672-318D

Pete & Jean
                FANTASY

WHAT EVER YOU DO, OR TO WHO YOU DO IT TOO, DO IT WITH A SMILE, IT MAKES IT LEGAL THAT WAY.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 05:01:48 PM »

Hi Paul,

This is the Eagle moldings that I installed on my bus.

Nick-

Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 05:37:29 PM »

Nick,

Send me the pdf as an attachment to my email, when you have a chance.

I have an interest in some mouldings also.

I couldn't find it online!

Thanks

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 05:40:18 PM »

I bought all of my trim from Austin Hardware they have a great catalogue  here is there website link:   http://www.austinhardware.com/

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
Dreamscape

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 05:41:55 PM »

Hi Nick,

What was the part number of the one you used?

Thanks for the help guys.

Paul
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 05:48:23 PM »

Pat,

Thanks for the link.

Looks like they have what I need.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 06:49:28 PM »

Hi Cliff,

I was not able to e-mail it either???.  I have it on disc too..

Hope you have it now.

Nick-

mikeH8H-649

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 05:51:11 AM »

Cliff,I have a copy of IBP's pdf if you would like it,GM's are all most obsolete on it allthough they still make the panels for them they are pretty much a special order thing,Kathy and I were there a few weeks ago and Steve says there is just not much call for gm's anymore which makes sense,let me know if you want it and I will get it to you     Mike                                                                                               
Sojourner

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 07:58:43 AM »

http://www.extrude-a-trim.com/pdfs/Boat_and_RV.pdf
They have aluminum rub rail with 1/8" lip (over rivet) to screw on and snap vinyl trim to cover...made for RV.

It good idea to leave some gap on bottom of rub rail for moisture relief.

FWIW

Sojourn for Christ, Jerry
boogiethecat

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 04:34:54 PM »

McMaster has some really  nice stuff:

go to http://www.mcmaster.com/ and type "aluminum moulding" into their search engine, or go to page 3659 in their online catalog

I just glue it on with Sikaflex.... works great!

Cheers
Boogie

1962 Crown
San Diego, Ca
rcbishop

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 05:46:13 PM »

Gary....You.... and I know that Sikaflex is great stuff.

But user beware of, depending on the product:   expiration date...prep.....work time (open time).... cleanup materials....and $$.

It really is an exceptional product.  SIKAUSA.Com  Steve Padgett has all the answers.    Smiley

FWIW

RCB
Sojourner

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 08:34:52 PM »

I agree with rcbishop....great stuff and Steve in USA office Madison Height, MI (my former home town) is the guy talk to before you use it. The main thing it cure with humidity...so set-up time is important to do it quickly. After surface is clean & prep...use tape as your guide while one man guide the trim on while you apply before it.

I didn't bother to mention this method because it require more preparation work but it worth it.

FWIW

Sojourn for Christ, Jerry
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: