Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 20, 2014, 07:20:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Updated pics of what I accomplished TODAY  (Read 1304 times)
Ace

« on: June 02, 2006, 02:19:12 PM »

Made window boxes that seperate the massive side windows. These will also serve as a  mounting point for the day/night shades! Pretty easy and fast to do. I  still have to stain the trim and wallpaper in between the corner trim.

http://groups.msn.com/AceRossiMotorsports/foolsgold2.msnw?Page=2

Ace
NCbob

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 03:57:58 PM »

Well, I'll tell you Ace...If I could do work like that I'd be proud to post the pics too! Smiley

When would you like me to drop my project off?  Wink

I'm NOT showing those pics to my wife....she'd leave me in a minute for you...Can you handle a 73 year old?

Congrats on a job well done!  Grin

NCbob
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 07:18:55 PM »

Good Looking work buddy, Keep er goin!!
Good to talk to you on land phone. Best to Susan & Carla
Gary

Gary
Ace

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 12:20:43 PM »

Saturday's  accomplshments!

Boy I like not working a real job! I can get so much done on the bus!

http://groups.msn.com/AceRossiMotorsports/foolsgold2.msnw?Page=2

Ace

NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 06:55:23 PM »

Well. After seeing Ace's bus pix...I've decided that due to health constraints, my bus will be off limits at the Timmonsville Oktoberfest. I don't want to be responsible for anyones death due to terminal laughter! Embarrassed
Bus looks great Ace! Maybe you'll want to sell it or something after I retire...not that I could afford it.
Best, JR Wink

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Ace

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 07:12:41 PM »

Thanks everyone for the kind words! It's a lot of work especially when youhave so many irons in the pot, so to speak but with Susan helping and good friends, it seems to get done somehow!

As for laughing at someone else's coach or work? Let me say this. This is a hobby to each and every one of us and I see no reason to laugh at or make fun of anyone or their work in progress. To each his own and each person involved in this hobby for whatever reason is doing what they want to do and how they want to do it whether it's the right way or not. Sure you'll get a lot of it's better to do it this way or thatway on these boards but the bottom line is if YOUR happy with what you have accomplished then that's all that should matter! I enjoy looking over other busses. Heck some of my ideas have come from other works in progress and I hope some of  my ideas have been passed on to others. This being my 3rd coach (the first one never really got doner other then being stripped out and sold, we have learned a lot from the second one and from people have shown us and told us to do this one. It's FAR from perfect but to us it's as close as WE can get AND I can attest to the fact that those million doallar busses you see are mostly cosmetic other than the high dollar electronics, series 60's and fancy paint swirls. If you ever look closely at one, I mean REAL close, you will see a lot of stuff thrown together and covered up. I don't see anyone laughing at them so there's no reason in hell to laugh at anyone elses that did their own that also saved a BUNCH of hard earned money! If any laughing should be done, it should be us HOME CONVERTERS for doing just that! Having something WE can be proud of, knowing WHAT to fix and where to look IF it needs fixing and saving money to boot!

think about it and remember, it's a hobby to most of us!

Ace
Ace

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 01:04:21 PM »

After some deep thinking (actually trying to sleep) I came up with this idea and from the looks of it I think this will work! This is a rough  install of the round I will be using to match the other rounds in the bus. It's in the Br and before it's laminated. I was thinking of putting some small puck lights under it. A couple, not too many and the rounds will also be in the LR on both sides from the kitchen to the front to finish off the ceiling. I will have a small section on one side of the bathroom to finish off the angled vanity. THAT was a challenge because it has to be mitered to itself. I think Ihave that figured out as well! Oh well, more to do and then laminate them for final install which WILL a lot easier than making them!

Ace
coachcrazy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 01:15:36 PM »

very nice! cant wait to see the finished product. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: